Muller chokes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epic

Hi,

did everyone test the muller chokes on a zoli shotgun or any other gun for sporting clays? i've bough a U2 and a U3 for mine, i'm waiting for them :)

as far as i read i see they are efficient, right now i'm using Petini chokes (a french chokes wizard) but i find them too small on the ouside of the barell (only 1,5cm) the muller will be 4cm outside and will be lighter.

thanks.

I have shot U2/3/4 through my 682e and they are excellent, certainly better than Beretta's own Optima system in that they don't work loose, the only trouble I experienced was that they make the gun too long to place inside gun cabinet without having to dismantle it.

I've used the Mullers in my 686e - and with very good results - however, we have a Muller expert on the site. Paging Nicky T!

I know it's all in the head and evrifing, but U2 U3 combo is one I can live with all the way through a round usually, but Green/Black (1/2 - 3/4) Optima's I find too tight on close stuff - the green one is not as forgiving as U2 in other words. Why use two words when a sentence will do. :D

Hi,

did everyone test the muller chokes on a zoli shotgun or any other gun for sporting clays? i've bough a U2 and a U3 for mine, i'm waiting for them :)

as far as i read i see they are efficient, right now i'm using Petini chokes (a french chokes wizard) but i find them too small on the ouside of the barell (only 1,5cm) the muller will be 4cm outside and will be lighter.

thanks.
Hi Epic,

I believe that I'm actually the guy you've purchased your chokes from ;) They are due to arrive this week and as soon as they do I'll get them in the mail to you :)

For English Sportng I'm currently using a pair of U2's for the reason of consistency and worrying more about what the target is doing than what choke I've got in. I have in the past however used everything from U0's to U4's and everything in between and am confident that your set up of a U2 and U3 will serve you well. It's also worth noting that you might be surprised just how capable a U1 is of dispatching clays if you decide to try one at a later date.

If you have any further questions, please just ask :)

Nick

I'm using a U1 and U2 in my Prevail and very happy with them (also supplied by Mr T)

Iggy.

Hi Epic,

I believe that I'm actually the guy you've purchased your chokes from ;) They are due to arrive this week and as soon as they do I'll get them in the mail to you :)

For English Sportng I'm currently using a pair of U2's for the reason of consistency and worrying more about what the target is doing than what choke I've got in. I have in the past however used everything from U0's to U4's and everything in between and am confident that your set up of a U2 and U3 will serve you well. It's also worth noting that you might be surprised just how capable a U1 is of dispatching clays if you decide to try one at a later date.

If you have any further questions, please just ask :)

Nick
héhé yes i think it's me, i'll not have it for the championship, it will give a chance to Auvret to win this competition :p

i was wondering if u2 was to open for big chandelle at 50/60m that's why i order a u3, i use to shoot green (1/2) and black (3/4) on beretta and 4/10 and 6/10 on the zoli

i don't think of the problem of the gun cabinet ^^

I did extensive testing and patterning of Muller versus Optima. With cheaper and faster ammo, there was a noticeable difference in patterns. The Muller chokes provided denser centers. With the highest quality and slower cartridges, there were no noticeable differences. They don't shoot loose and they don' t get lead and plastic sticking to them. The last part was what convince me to use them. But my new DT11, shoots much tighter patterns with less recoil than the DT10L!

Henry

Hen......I bet you did...... . .

Epic.......put it in the right place and the chandelle will be history.

I prefer the strawberry swirl in my muller........whilst listening to Bono. :) :)

I for one know exactly how important the yoghurts are to Clever...

Have used muller chokes 2,3 and 4 which i bought off the hamster and shot them through my 682gold e found them easy to clean very light but patterned a little to tight for my liking prob better off with numbers 1 and 2... sold them on now which makes them third hand i guess, my opinion for what its worth keep your standard chokes and spend your money on getting your gunfit right..........

héhé yes i think it's me, i'll not have it for the championship, it will give a chance to Auvret to win this competition :p

i was wondering if u2 was to open for big chandelle at 50/60m that's why i order a u3, i use to shoot green (1/2) and black (3/4) on beretta and 4/10 and 6/10 on the zoli

i don't think of the problem of the gun cabinet ^^
Hi Epic,

I have been using a U2 for the last few months and when I put the pattern in the right place the U2 still hits hard at that distance and i'm only using 8's. I also have a U1 and U4 and will add a U0 and U3 at some point.

I have used Optima, Briley Spectrums and Briley Helix before and the the Mullers are by far the best of the bunch IMO.

Cheers,

Jon.

Another vote for Mullers.

I purchased a pair of Briley Skeet chokes for my SP1. I used them twice, then had occasion to try some U1's

The difference in breaks was like night and day...I don't mean smokers, I mean really good star breaks. On everything and still get smoke, where you would expect to.

I pushed the leads on station 4, right to the edge of the pattern, but rather than getting a chip, I was taking the whole front of the clay off.

This is where they shine. On the plate, the centres are still well covered, but you get a much more populated pattern, right out to the edges.

The Brileys are now only in my bag, to lend to a buddy when he shoots skeet!

Combine that with the lack of weight and how clean they are...they tick all of the boxes for me.

I started shooting sporting and even then, U1's were giving decent kills. Even fairly long crossers.

I have since acquired a U2 and this gave a wining combination on longer targets.

I won C class at JJ's in Dartford with a 72 ex 84 with this combo. I would have won B and would have come second in A.

I can't put this down to the chokes entirely of course..but, they did save me with some of the targets that were chipped and gave impressive hard kills on some of the longer ones. People even asked me what chokes I was using!

I have a second U2 on its way from Nick as I type. I intend to use a pair of them, saving a U1 for real close targets as needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back