Muller Chokes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to be brutally honest and say that people do change their chokes for all sorts of reasons. If you think changing the chokes will help you break more targets then there has to be a reason for you thinking that? I changed because the lighter choke made my barrels a bit more mobile and the ones I chose were said to give a slightly more open pattern. My experience with them was yes they did make the gun barrels more a little faster to the target, I never patterned them so I cannot with honesty say they are a more open pattern but would say they probably are. The main question has to be though did I break more targets due to the pattern they threw... I don't think so to be honest the main difference is the weight  . I am really saying that if you take two chokes that are of equivalent nominal choke I don't think you will break more targets because of the pattern, If you are one the target you will smash clays with the original chokes just as well. In summary don't go changing chokes in the hope that they are in some way magic and you will improve your score... on the other hand the placebo effect is a powerful driver :)  Do you know anybody who has a Beretta and uses them you could try theirs out in your gun to see how they feel.
I agree with what you saying I don't be leave they will help you hit more targets if your not putting the shot in the rite place you will never hit anything. I do find the 692 a heavy gun but I have 32inch barrels which I like as it gives me a lot of point ability if that makes sense and I am a string ben and have long arms hahha.I have ordered some from Nick who is on here. he was fabulous help and I carnt wait to get them and give them a go and I will come back with some feedback 

I really like them. They throw well centred, good quality patterns and stay very clean & tight in the gun.

As mentioned the biggest plus is they move the centre of balance further back, which I prefer.

I actually found they pattern more open in my gun than others suggest - I suspect it's because my gun has .736 bores as opposed to the official browning .742 back bored spec.

In terms of pattern percentages I'm getting roughly:

U2 35%, U3 47%, U4 66%

I find the U2 will break the vast majority of sporting clays targets but some long range / edge on type things just need the U3. So I'm running U3s in both barrels :)

I used the U4s quite a bit and they seemed to give more spectacular breaks, but didn't give me noticeably more range.

I suspect for most people and especially in berettas the U2 is the one to try first and then see where you want to go.

Back