Muller Chokes?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you at least know your an arse talking pish...

Mullers are not steal, they weigh much less than steal, that in turn will affect balance and handling. As for patterns, the beretta HP chokes in my gun throw exellent but on the tight side patterns, as do Briely chokes. 
edit for over sensitivity :)

Last edited by a moderator:
hope Mr Johnson hasn't got after market things or he will be along to tell me I am an arrse talking pish. So let's hope he has just for the fun of it :)
...your the one who said it!!! 

Dose one this sound any better,

at at least you know that you are an arse talking pish...  :p

(smilie 'tounge n cheek' added to convey tone of written word)

IPS, for someone who works in public relations...you are very sensitive... :D

yes that is much better. I will now take it in the jovial manner I now assume it was meant. :)

and yes your quite right I did say it and with hindsight I did instigate the exchange, so my apologies.

ps

I am not in public relations, I am an engineer sort of semi retired according to Mrs ips.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that...you did tell me your profession (and real name) by PM...

public relations... :p

I've been using Mullers in my Berettas for years and really like them. I've just bought some for my Blaser F3 but haven't tried them yet.

One of the key differences between Mullers and normal stainless steel chokes is weight, they are typically half the weight which tends to make the gun balance a little differently and more pointy (depends on gun and user as whether this is a good thing). They are ceramic coated so they are easy to clean too. Muller claim all sorts of pattern advantages but being a bit cynical I not sure how they can guarantee their advantages given the massive number of combinations of guns, bore sizes, choke lengths, cartridges and so on.

I've never done a proper pattern comparison but the breaks I'm getting seem to indicate that they pattern a bit better than the standard Beretta optima HP chokes with my gun (692) and cartridges and they were good on my 682 too.

I've got Teagues in my Blaser which are giving me great breaks, it will be interesting to see how the Mullers compare and how/if they change the handling of the gun.

ATB Mark
doesn't your blaser have a balance weight system that makes there weight difference a little irrelevant?

You are all that thick , you wouldn't know the difference !  :lol:

Steal should be spelt STEEL, Led should spelt LEAD, Copper should be spelt ROZZER or PIG.

Mullers are ceramic coated (like crockery) so that Wives and Girlfriends can clean them.

doesn't your blaser have a balance weight system that makes there weight difference a little irrelevant?
It does and having now tried the Mullers in it I could not detect a difference in handling. With my 692, the difference between Optima HPs and Mullers changed the handling in a slight but noticable way. The Blaser barrels seem to be a bit heavier so the difference in choke weight becomes inconsequential I guess.

As you're all getting a bit choked up! Any one got any choke suggestions  for a beretta 682 gold mobil barrels! Only have flush fit ATM so gonna look for some extended! Just for piece of mind for checking tightness! ( not a great lover of flush chokes for this reason) anyone using same gun/ mobil barrels. 

As you're all getting a bit choked up! Any one got any choke suggestions  for a beretta 682 gold mobil barrels! Only have flush fit ATM so gonna look for some extended! Just for piece of mind for checking tightness! ( not a great lover of flush chokes for this reason) anyone using same gun/ mobil barrels. 
Not me, but I know a man that does. He uses an old 682 Supersport and has Briley X2 extended chokes (Mobil choke fitting) and has had then since the early 80's. With reference to another thread on the forum, they still look as good as new because he cleans them every time they are used (No carbon build-up to remove!).

He gets good patterns and "Mullers" everything with them.  :wink:

Not me, but I know a man that does. He uses an old 682 Supersport and has Briley X2 extended chokes (Mobil choke fitting) and has had then since the early 80's. With reference to another thread on the forum, they still look as good as new because he cleans them every time they are used (No carbon build-up to remove!).

He gets good patterns and "Mullers" everything with them.  :wink:
They work well in a Miroku too !

"Any one got any choke suggestions  for a beretta 682 gold mobil barrels! "

Try www.beretta.com - accessories - chokes. 2 chokes are 10% off and free delivery over €50. Given the euro exchange rate they are a good deal in my opinion. Extended chokes for Mobil and hunting chokes as well. Tried the hunting extended mobil chokes on a 20 gauge and very pleased with their pattern. Make your own mind up....

Try www.beretta.com - accessories - chokes. 2 chokes are 10% off and free delivery over €50. Given the euro exchange rate they are a good deal in my opinion. Extended chokes for Mobil and hunting chokes as well. Tried the hunting extended mobil chokes on a 20 gauge and very pleased with their pattern. Make your own mind up....

I use a Briley extended I/C in my 303 auto, patterns extremely well and cost me £20 used !

I believe you have to buy two of the same constriction. I used code SUMMER2015 to get 15% off. Worked out £35 for an optima HP. Also try paying on a credit card that doesn't charge you a fee for foreign purchases.

I'll add my 2 cents..(or is that my 2p over there??)

I've used and shot MUllers. Yes they are lighter and I could feel the difference.

That said: A gentleman on our "trapshooters site" that uses real data (photos of patterns and breakdown of percentage in each quadrant and various sized circles, Neil Winston.)

and statistics to evaluate choke tube performance, found no difference in Mullers and "other chokes" of the SAME SIZE! (Muller typically has constrictions "between" normal IC MOD IM type chokes)

One LARGE consideration that continues to pop up here are split and broken/stuck Mullers in various guns..(But they seem to be more prevalent in Beretta)

Muller (Jimmy)originally said it was a manufacturing error that caused the Beretta failures. But even after "a correction for tolerances" there still seem to be some Mullers splitting  and   cracking at a far higher rate than any other "steel/Ti" choke...so that is a word of caution!

I'll add my 2 cents..(or is that my 2p over there??)

I've used and shot MUllers. Yes they are lighter and I could feel the difference.

That said: A gentleman on our "trapshooters site" that uses real data (photos of patterns and breakdown of percentage in each quadrant and various sized circles, Neil Winston.)

and statistics to evaluate choke tube performance, found no difference in Mullers and "other chokes" of the SAME SIZE! (Muller typically has constrictions "between" normal IC MOD IM type chokes)

One LARGE consideration that continues to pop up here are split and broken/stuck Mullers in various guns..(But they seem to be more prevalent in Beretta)

Muller (Jimmy)originally said it was a manufacturing error that caused the Beretta failures. But even after "a correction for tolerances" there still seem to be some Mullers splitting  and   cracking at a far higher rate than any other "steel/Ti" choke...so that is a word of caution!
when i showed one to my gunsmith he picked it up distastefully,inspected it and then pointedly said i would be an idiot to put it back in my gun.

as it was a replacement for a faulty one i took his advice!

schmokinn,

That is a little bit harsh, it is similar to my Krieghoff comments.

We all have different tastes and opinions, Muller chokes have good sales figures and satisfied customers. Each to his own .

schmokinn,

That is a little bit harsh, it is similar to my Krieghoff comments.

We all have different tastes and opinions, Muller chokes have good sales figures and satisfied customers. Each to his own .
bit harsh? i simply relayed the facts so i do not really see that that is harsh simply the truth.

harsh is that they do not come up to the technical specification of the orignal choke and will invalidate your warranty should it cause damage to your gun though this is still true you would not buy brake pads for your car that did not come up to spec!

To many bullsh*t statements sell it "improved kills! will not shoot loose!unobtanium coating will not get dirty!!" and many believe it and will buy anything,if they were that good all the top shots would be using them...many seem to have tried them but i don't see them in the end of there guns anymore?

many gadgets sell millions get used once and then are consigned to the back of bottom draw  because the average person does not get the results in the advert

as has been stated many times in many choke threads and tests that no aftermarket choke gives any better patterns than the original so it's only advantage is weight and i will wager that in a blindfolded test that 99.9999999 percent of people cannot tell what has been screwed into the end of there gun.

Taste,there is no accounting for taste as is proved to me on a daily basis.some people even buy krieghoffs :wink:

Andy, don't take it too much to heart, as you can see from the rest of the post I was just being inflammatory. :D

Back