mk38 Alternatives

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i went from a Miroku Mk38 to a Zoli Kronos and i absolutely love it no regrets about changing, the zoli is a far superior handling gun. youd get one 2nd hand cheap enough.

having said that the miroku is a lot cheaper and still an excellent gun, one of the most shootable guns ever made . if you want something similar to it maybe a Browning 525/725. TBH if you are happy with the Miroku a Grade 5 version is a lovely gun 

i went from a Miroku Mk38 to a Zoli Kronos and i absolutely love it no regrets about changing, the zoli is a far superior handling gun. youd get one 2nd hand cheap enough.

having said that the miroku is a lot cheaper and still an excellent gun, one of the most shootable guns ever made . if you want something similar to it maybe a Browning 525/725. TBH if you are happy with the Miroku a Grade 5 version is a lovely gun 
zoli  are a great gun    but not if your ejector snapped as mine has , 3 months on still trying to sort it ,  backup seems terrible  local gunsmith don't want to know  ,    one reason perhaps we don't see that many about ?

zoli  are a great gun    but not if your ejector snapped as mine has , 3 months on still trying to sort it ,  backup seems terrible  local gunsmith don't want to know  ,    one reason perhaps we don't see that many about ?
Have you tried The Gun Room at Market Weighton ? They deal with Zoli and should sort you out. 

If I won a zoli I would be a bit pissed off 😀

above post omitted   the ejector was free from edgar brothers  ,  but my local gunsmith said he would need to farm it out for fitting  as the ejector was in rough blank form   cost  estimated  £ 130 - 180   plus postage of course . 

above post omitted   the ejector was free from edgar brothers  ,  but my local gunsmith said he would need to farm it out for fitting  as the ejector was in rough blank form   cost  estimated  £ 130 - 180   plus postage of course . 
Wow.. I watched a Beretta technician fit a 682 ejector blank in 10 mins including timing it up.  I bet a Zoli ejector would be no harder to fit. 

Had a mk38 for 9 months then bought a cg invictus 1 ex demo my scores have gone up try one deffo a chunkier gun opposed to the summit very forgiving to shoot gun patterns well everyone who shoulders it says it comes up very nice anglo italian after service is second to none underrated guns imo.

Had a mk38 for 9 months then bought a cg invictus 1 ex demo my scores have gone up try one deffo a chunkier gun opposed to the summit very forgiving to shoot gun patterns well everyone who shoulders it says it comes up very nice anglo italian after service is second to none underrated guns imo.
Am I right in that the CG Summit, Magnus, Maxum, Apex, and Forum are all mechanically identical (they are essentially grades of the Summit). The Invictus is a separate, heavier, gun, which also comes in several aesthetic grades (I, III, V, & VII)?

thats insane . ive never had any issues with mine so cant comment as to support but that seems to be more of an issue with your local dealer and gunsmith . one question how did the ejector snap cant figure out how thats even possible  ? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Very happy with my Invictus Supersport fixed choke sporter. As previously said it’s actually quite a chunky gun which I like....definitely feels beefier than my old MK38 to me anyway. 

You need to get to a decent ground where you can try a few different makes and models out, you’ll probably know when you pick up ‘the one’.

Am I right in that the CG Summit, Magnus, Maxum, Apex, and Forum are all mechanically identical (they are essentially grades of the Summit). The Invictus is a separate, heavier, gun, which also comes in several aesthetic grades (I, III, V, & VII)?
Yes, under the skin the models from original range are all the same gun. The Invictus feels fractionally more meaty, but not necessarily heavier. A mate bought a 30" Supersport fixed choke after shooting with my Challenger and it was noticeably lighter, certainly too light for his taste and he only kept it for about a week. In reality the Invictus guns aren't much different from the originals; the hinging is new of course, the action is a couple of mm wider and the floor is replaceable but there's not much else. Of the ones I've picked up and tried I wouldn't say they're generally heavier.

One bought, after a horrendous experiment with a DT10 a MK38 Trap that had been multi choked, one a £3k gun the MK £1k, I shot the 7.7lb MK far far better (if you get the drift) than I ever felt I did or indeed would the 8lb plus meatier DT10, although I now own and very happy at my lot shoot a 8.4lb P Ive kept the MK and always feel that should I ever take it from the cabinet Id shoot it just as well as I ever did. In short not all of us shoot a new / more expensive gun as well as we fell we should, me I took time to get used to new gun(s) but with the DT it was never going to happen

Another vote for CG here. I've owned and shot Beretta's (686/687) and Browning's (525 and XS) Now I'm a bit of a CG fanboy, I've owned 3, and sold 2. Lost about £400 on my Challenger from new after 3 years, and about the same on my Tempio over the same period. My current CG is a rather beautiful Maxum. It's 10 years old and still looks and feels very fresh, with zero defects. For me, the build, handling and feel of these guns beats everything in the same price bracket.  

The other main selling point is the simply superb after sales and back up from Anglo Italian. 

If you shoot well with it does not matter what other gun you get just make sure the dimensions of the stock are the same as your mk38

Latest posts

Back