mk 11

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought one two weeks ago , primarily as a game gun . It weighs 7lb 11oz .. IMHO it’s too light and too ‘ fast ‘ for a serious registered comp sporting clay gun . I bought the 30” barrelled gun specifically for what I’d call parkland pheasant snd partridge , where I’d find my 32” mk38 trap too ponderous and too heavy for my 68 year old body to lug about walking between drives . The MK11 comes with Auto Safety ( bad for clays IMHO ) , which is easily removed if you’re that way inclined , the gun also has a solid thinnish top rib , I doubt that on a 4 or 5 pairs sporting clays stand the lack of venting would be an issue but if you hammer enough cartridges through it fast you can get a slight heat haze over the barrel ( experienced on a sim day ) . It feels pleasant with a nice weight between the hands and a slight rear balance on my particular gun , the trigger is a 525 inertia unit , but in a 725 action body . Barrels are solid mid rib . Oddly for a game gun it has a Pachameyer decelerator pad with a hard plastic heel so supports gun down shooting without catching your vest . Mine will be getting a leather covered Kickeeze in due course . Superior steel proofed 3” chambers but IMHO I won’t be shooting minimag steel 4s anytime soon , it’s too light . If you only shoot for fun at the local gun club , it’s a possibility, but I doubt you’ll see anyone serious using one in the completion world

The m11 is not my cup of tea, bit over top for me, much prefer my Miroku 800SW sporting bought new in 1975/6 had thousands of cartridges through it and still tight, my go to gun.

Latest posts

Back