Miroku 38 vs Zoli Kronos

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you paid £800 for the Kronos? They are £2500 new!!  I rest my case.
So you completely ignore the fact you misread and misunderstood both the OP and my reply  :rolleyes:  (which presumably is why you made a snooty remark about me) but hey lets celebrate you stating the bleeding obvious that new Kronos lose money.  :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Were not buying limited edition Ferraris or McLarens here .....every new gun loses money the moment you walk out the door of the shop and a bit more once you fire it  :blink:

So you completely ignore the fact you misread and misunderstood both the OP and my reply  :rolleyes:  (which presumably is why you made a snooty remark about me) but hey lets celebrate you stating the bleeding obvious that new Kronos lose money.  :huh:
Sold your DT10 Trap for a profit yet? Or are you waiting for the rarity value to catch up with the purchase price?

That depends, I made a couple of hundred quid despite spending money on having the mid rib removed (which meant re-blacking the barrels) and having an adjustable comb plus Isis green pad fitted ! 
What ultimately made you part with the Zoli after you obviously invested time and money in sorting it to your spec ? Like the handling of the 32" Kronos` that I`ve had hold of and they seem to be good buys 2nd hand.

What ultimately made you part with the Zoli after you obviously invested time and money in sorting it to your spec ? Like the handling of the 32" Kronos` that I`ve had hold of and they seem to be good buys 2nd hand.
I made a fairly detailed write up about it a few years ago, someone may be able to help dig it up ?! They were and remain an excellent 2nd hand buy, presumably the newer versions are even better than what I had, the main "fault" of which for me was its heavy barrels, I think they were around 1.67 kg and removing the mid rib definitely improved things, before that the nose heavy feel was very noticeable towards the last 2-3 pairs and certainly as you progressed through a whole round and tiredness/fatigue set in. 

I have bought dozens of guns through the years but mainly as a play about and not fully intending for them to replace my main 682e, if you buy cheap you can do stuff that you feel will improve things and still manage to come out unscathed, it has helped me glean lots of first hand information on subjects like fit and balance etc, hence why I can sound a little bombastic  :baby: :D  at times when talking to even experienced shooters when they try and give it the large  :)

Heavy barrels CAN suit many shooters, that is fact, but style, method and tempo will have a big part to play. On the whole I have come to the conclusion that most shooters are better off with barrels below 1500 gram (or not much more), heavy barrels are often said to carry momentum more effortlessly and not stop their swing, I have found that not to be the case at all, if anything they need more driving and a more conscious finish to each and every shot, this can be quite tiring and unnecessary. 

Thanks,I recall your thread about modding it etc,just wondered why it left .. I`ve liked the handling of 32" Kronos,Salvinelli Monza/Monaco and Perazzi guns that I`ve shot but ultimately stick to what I know is reliable ,as you come across a lot of past owners who had trigger probs etc with many of the more exotic makes.No doubt there are many who have not had any issues tho`.

I try to avoid `money pit` scenarios ,if possible !

Thank you all for your replies. 

I ended up with a Miroku mk38 trap in 30 inch barrels. Just felt better to me.  Traded in my ATA arms SP trap for a factory fresh MK, in cardboard box and all the trimmings.  I also looked at a 682 gold e trap, but the miroku just felt better. 

It's a grade one, wood looks like fake floorboards and with a dull satin varnish finish. But that's what I paid for, so no disappointment in that department. But what is that spare part for that is in the bag with instructions and warranty? 

Now just the break in period and learn a new gun. 

Again thanks for the help and recommendation, this is a seriously knowledgeble crowd that is in this forum, even the disagreements/different opinions  are of good use to novice shooters. And best of all its all kept in  civil tone👍. And the occasional fluffy rabbits  is good too... 

Lars

Thank you all for your replies. 

I ended up with a Miroku mk38 trap in 30 inch barrels. Just felt better to me.  Traded in my ATA arms SP trap for a factory fresh MK, in cardboard box and all the trimmings.  I also looked at a 682 gold e trap, but the miroku just felt better. 

It's a grade one, wood looks like fake floorboards and with a dull satin varnish finish. But that's what I paid for, so no disappointment in that department. But what is that spare part for that is in the bag with instructions and warranty? 

Now just the break in period and learn a new gun. 

Again thanks for the help and recommendation, this is a seriously knowledgeble crowd that is in this forum, even the disagreements/different opinions  are of good use to novice shooters. And best of all its all kept in  civil tone👍. And the occasional fluffy rabbits  is good too... 

Lars
The spare part is probably the automatic safe arm to make the gun return to safe on opening. It's best off left in the bag!

Congratulations , right choice :D  Now you have the MK38, Lars , don’t just limit the use to trap . If you get the chance try using it on a sporting course or compak. You will be surprised how shootable it is . High driven targets off a tower are a joy to shoot with that gun .  You may find that the barrel selector is fixed to “under”   first . If that is the case it is a five minute fix to remove a pin that allows you to use the selector , makes it a bit more versatile ! Enjoy it .   

If you need a carry case for your gun I can recommend this one , low cost , does not scream “ gun case “ and with a little attention is perfect for the Miroku. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SKB-2000218-SSI-Corporation-2SKB-SC3409-Breakdown/dp/B003QYGUME

Congratulations , right choice :D  Now you have the MK38, Lars , don’t just limit the use to trap . If you get the chance try using it on a sporting course or compak. You will be surprised how shootable it is . High driven targets off a tower are a joy to shoot with that gun .  You may find that the barrel selector is fixed to “under”   first . If that is the case it is a five minute fix to remove a pin that allows you to use the selector , makes it a bit more versatile ! Enjoy it .   

If you need a carry case for your gun I can recommend this one , low cost , does not scream “ gun case “ and with a little attention is perfect for the Miroku. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SKB-2000218-SSI-Corporation-2SKB-SC3409-Breakdown/dp/B003QYGUME
Thanks.. Gun case is not a big problem, have a slip and another gun case. (and we have plenty stormcases at work I can borrow)  To my big surprise (in the shop)  it isn't fixed, I can change between the barrels as I please,thats the first trap gun I have come across that can  do that. But as Johnny English mentioned no autosafe,and happy about that. 

I will go shoot it tomorrow and see if my OT results are on par with my usual low scores (now I'm at high teens and 20). And we have 2 compaq and a special Danish discipline next to the OT layout. And I will have a go there as well. I have only done the compaq 2 times before so I have no comparisons to do there. 

Lars

Back