Mental approach.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I look to the right into the distance so I avoid seeing missed targets which can give negative thoughts especially if its the shooter before you (thoughts like I hope I don't miss as well) also soft focus at a specific distance relaxes the eyes to the distance you expect to shoot the target.
Soft focus...settling your eyes in your "Look Spot" quiets the mind,,,Very Importante!!...then call for the target

Remember use your periphery!!

So peripheral vision picks up the clay in the first place and then hard focus for the shot? I guess that also helps prevent anticipating the clay's direction...

Thank you very much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes!!! Using your periphery is key.  So many shooters don't have a clue about this game when it comes to how to look for the target...use their eyes.

Remember the last 2 seconds before you call pull are the most critical part of the shot...Where your looking, HOW your looking, and what your thinking. 

Don't let the desire to break the target (emotion) override the NEED to watch the target break.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back