Men's Trap Rio

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure why you say that? The UK Sport funding for Rio was around £4,000,000 each for Shooting and Disability Shooting. In the case of Disability Shooting this represents a huge increase over the funding given at London (about £500k) and around £2.6m for the other guys and gals. 
Sorry I honestly do not believe that the sporting bodies spent that amount on shooting for Rio

Yes I see what is being spun here ... how much have the actual athletes been funded though... most of that dosh will have been used pay fat cats and admins! It similar to when the government say we are spending more on the NHS... how much of the spend actually reaches the poor patients ? And how much is swallowed up by the fat cat admins. I could go on how much of the £1 you put in the Oxfam collection reaches the starving  needy ? The whole F'n world is twisted and that's the fact. Although I am not in any way getting at you but if you break it down the athletes are not getting a big wedge to help them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well obviously I see your point, but neither of us can know how true or to what extent your comments are correct. Don't misunderstand me, I suspect you are right. But in the end conjecture, likely or otherwise is not fact. 

What can be seen however, is that funding has been made to the tune of almost £8,000,000 which is a huge increase overall to the cica£3,000,000 funding to shooters at the London games. 

As to whether or not that is a fair level of funding or indeed it reaches those that need it most, I can only suggest you challenge UK Sport to explain themselves. 

Of course one has to remember that this is funding for the entire shooting teams over one assumes four years and not just trap shooting and skeet, which I am told in the UK does not have a pot to piss in, indeed has some of the poorest facilities I am lead to believe !

At least the CPSA magazine got Ed and Steve on the front cover! plus ,of course, all our shooter`s made their final six, well done to all , hoping that shooting,including air pistol/rifle and the rest are better supported in the future, especially by the lottery funding !

we all need to stand together and support  all shooting sports, regardless that its "your sport" or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back