Melanie sykes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could be wrong, but there's still nothing explicit or implicit to suggest that they are giving her free shells (and a free vest is one of the the cheapest ways of getting the brand out there and associated with a 'sleb) - "we'll be advising her on which load to use" is a world away from the stock, trite PR verbiage, "and we're excited to announce that Mel will be a sponsored [brand name here] shooter and shooting [brand name here] shells!"

Likewise, I suspect both Ben and Phil are 'lending their time', rather than charging Mel actual coin for their services - working on the association of a 'celeb' against their respective names. Call it mutual/symbiotic back-scratching.
Oh come off it. Since when did a 'sleb' wear (endorse) a product logo without getting something in return! (other than for charitable causes that is).

If she's not seen shooting exclusively Gamebore cartridges I'll eat my Fiocchi branded shooting hat!!

DT

Oh come off it. Since when did a 'sleb' wear (endorse) a product logo without getting something in return! (other than for charitable causes that is).

If she's not seen shooting exclusively Gamebore cartridges I'll eat my Fiocchi branded shooting hat!!

DT
Fair point, but all the evidence to date (unless someone can produce more definitive proof to the contrary) indicates that all she's currently been given is a free skeet vest, and perhaps some shells whenever she appears on TV in a clay shooting-related piece.

I think we can agree that manufacturers will go to inordinate lengths to have their brand slapped against what superficially appears like 'celebrity endorsement', but look at the clues: given the fact that she's only very recently picked-up her first gun, Mel would have to dedicate pretty much all her time to achieving anything resembling the standard required to shoot for Team GB at the 2020 Olympics, let alone the 2016 Rio Games. The fact that, given her other TV and work commitments, she's highly unlikely to [be able to] commit to that level of training and practice leads me to suspect whether any shell manufacture might be that charitable with their product (after all, none of them are charities). 

And, to be blunt, in terms of looks (at least for your average red-blooded male), it has to be said that Mel is not too displeasing on the eye. That being the case, ask yourself: what parts of the body are the largest percentage of UK shooters [males] going to be looking at whenever Mel is filmed shooting? Let's just say that it's not a coincidence that Castellani and Gamebore have their logos in those self same spots. 

Lastly, look at the commercials to the deal you suggest: a three-year commitment (i.e. from now until the Rio Games in 2016) in free shells to a complete novice with (in all honesty) very little likelihood of making Team GB, let alone shooting in Rio... or, a free skeet vest with their brand on it. You don't need to be an FD/CFO to work that one out. For Gamebore, it's a very canny move and, based on current evidence, has cost them, relatively speaking, ten bob and a bag of chips.

The above said, film of Mel smashing clays cannot harm the UK's perception of shooting in general; indeed, the opposite is probably the case. And Gamebore having this minor 'sleb associated with its brand cannot hurt them either - but again, I suspect they'll be thinking primarily with their wallet as, as 'gorgeous' as Mel might be, she's not a bankable or realistic prospect for Team GB any time soon. Of course, we can review this position once she's carried-off a few World titles and a hat full of Selection shoots.

LS&B

Can't say I disagree with much of what you say ........but ...I never once suggested that Gamebore we're bankrolling Mel's ambition to be a GB shooter at Rio.

If you re-read my original comment it was merely to point out that it had not taken long for a corporate 'sponsor' to seise the opportunity to get as much exposure out of Mel's new found hobby. that's all.

DT

LS&B

Can't say I disagree with much of what you say ........but ...I never once suggested that Gamebore we're bankrolling Mel's ambition to be a GB shooter at Rio.

If you re-read my original comment it was merely to point out that it had not taken long for a corporate 'sponsor' to seise the opportunity to get as much exposure out of Mel's new found hobby. that's all.

DT
Have you sent her any figure hugging "Shootclay" T shirts Matt?

She has just Tweeted that she will be  shooting clays this afternoon and " the love affair continues" wonder where she shoots ?

AC Sporting Targets is one place... West London SS as well...

6K in views on this thread, don't you think a Melanie Sykes interview and photo shoot is in order Matt?... PLEASE !

6K in views on this thread, don't you think a Melanie Sykes interview and photo shoot is in order Matt?... PLEASE !
:laugh:

Yes do it Matt.....see if Ben can get you an interview :laugh:

Last edited:
Sorry girls.....got carried away with the boys......

What about getting some nice actors (Russell Crowe etc) interviewed Matt. ????

Something for the Girls....??

I'll carry your bag !!

Nic you can interview me . !!

Last edited:
Now you are talking......Mmmmmmm...!!

post-17-0-34310600-1375343409.jpg

post-17-0-52153900-1375343419.jpg

post-17-0-32334000-1375343434.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 0
Nic there are much better to be had on our rogues gallery are you blind to this woman. :)

I am already working on something - not thru Ben, but have made contact and have asked if I can do a short interview. 

With me or Nicola ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back