Marocchi Evo Sporting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I could find a used black Beretta 690 I’d have that but the only ones I’ve found so far are mint almost new ones at almost new greedy gun shop prices which I’m not going to pay, pity they’ve not been about longer. 
If you could find an original Beretta 682 Gold  ( not the Gold E ) , that is a cracking gun . Still put together with input from the Beretta custom side rather than just a production line job . The slimmer action , replaceable shoulders as well as the trunnions .  Twenty years old plus  , properly built and there are still low mileage ones out there . I traded my wife’s a year or two ago , got good money for it , and the dealer made a good margin too . One of those used , buy  a TSK stock , used if you can , and you’d have a proper weapon .  You’d have to pay up to £1300 for a minter just for the gun  , and they sold at that 20 odd years ago , but as a gun IMHO they are classic . 

Agree with Martin.

The original 682 gold is without doubt the best gun beretta ever made (all things considered) imo... gold E is good but nowhere near on the level of the gold, build quality not as good, handling not as good.

If you could find an original Beretta 682 Gold  ( not the Gold E ) , that is a cracking gun . Still put together with input from the Beretta custom side rather than just a production line job . The slimmer action , replaceable shoulders as well as the trunnions .  Twenty years old plus  , properly built and there are still low mileage ones out there . I traded my wife’s a year or two ago , got good money for it , and the dealer made a good margin too . One of those used , buy  a TSK stock , used if you can , and you’d have a proper weapon .  You’d have to pay up to £1300 for a minter just for the gun  , and they sold at that 20 odd years ago , but as a gun IMHO they are classic . 

Agree with Martin.

The original 682 gold is without doubt the best gun beretta ever made (all things considered) imo... gold E is good but nowhere near on the level of the gold, build quality not as good, handling not as good.
Well I went to the shop and looked at a few ATAs which were much better quality than I was expecting but the shape of the forend has put me off, it just feels not quite right in my hands. Possibly a bit barrel heavy too I’m not sure. 

I also tried a 690 black again while I was there for comparison which felt good (albeit horribly tight because it was new) and nice and sleek but now I’ve been offered a mint 692 with adjustable stock at 690 money, trouble is it’s not black and I prefer black guns.. well blued would be best but black is close enough.. anyway so I’m not really any further forward.

I’m going to another place tomorrow to see what they’ve got but I’m still completely uninspired. Buying an auto was easy because I’m really interested in them as a weapon and knew exactly what I wanted but with the o/u it’s more about the shooting, the guns themselves don’t really appeal. 

Thanks for the input though fellas 👍🏻 

One thing is for sure , when I started shooting , forty odd years ago , we would have killed to get our hands on a budget over under gun as nice as the ATA or Kofs . The cheaper end then were   truly horrible pieces of  nailed together tat . 

One thing is for sure , when I started shooting , forty odd years ago , we would have killed to get our hands on a budget over under gun as nice as the ATA or Kofs . The cheaper end then were   truly horrible pieces of  nailed together tat . 
I feel the same about guitars, in 1980 budget meant really struggling with a piece of **** made to LOOK like a guitar. No YouTube to put you right either!

2 hours ago, Martinj said:

The 692 sounds like a very good option, especially compared to an ATA, I quite fancy one myself

It is a very nice gun (Id have a black one) but ultimately I decided on the 690 👍🏻 

Latest posts

Back