Lower Lake, Liskeard, Cornwall

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertBeard

Had a father's day shoot today with my son Philip and his mate Phil and we joined 3 regulars who know this shoot well.  It was an open shoot aimed at B & C class shooters which Bill puts on a regular basis.  As such I got the impression that the course was eased slightly.  The regulars all shot high 80's with a top score of 90 and Phil Costello lead our group of 3 with 69, me with 66 and Philip with 62.  Phil was showing off his new to him gun which was a Caesar Guerini Maxum which he had bought second hand for £2,500 and it was in pristine nick having been owned by an RAF officer who didn't use it much and kept it pristine.  Phil said it fitted like a glove and was very natural to shoot compared to his Beretta which he felt he was always having to fight into position.  First time for Philip and I at this ground which is north of Liskeard about half way between the A38 on the south side and the A30 to the north.  Good selection of targets with more being closer and tricky than long far away stuff.  The ground is on a fairly steep hill but is accessible to disabled as some took their cars with them down the hill to each section and the avoided the long steep walk up at the end.  The ground is right next door to the big depot for Ruag Ammotec a big importer and wholesaler of guns and ammunition.  Catering seems to be limited to drinks, crisps and bars of chocolate.

Back