Loose trigger group on DT11

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonny English

Anybody else had the trigger group on a DT11 develop play in it within the action. Mine has never been the snuggest fit but it has now got to the point where I have put a strip of ptfe tape on the front lug to tighten it up. Should they be slightly loose or a very snug fit?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
My 694 has a small amount. Of play in the trigger don't know is this good or bad ?

Best regards

I take it you mean the complete detachable trigger assy' seems loose.
Yes the whole detachable trigger group has a slight amount of play front to back and side by side. I have put a small strip of ptfe tape on the front lug and this has taken up enough slack to make it firm again, but not sure how long this will last or if there is a proper fix.

Don't have a DT, but if it seems to be getting more loose then I don't think that's a good thing.I see to remove you have to push the safety forward to release so would think a spring type mechanism  keeps it locked when you re-insert it, hopefully just a weak spring. Sure someone will be along shortly with the answer

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not think it can be a good thing to have any play in the trigger group . The Perazzi trigger is removed by pushing the safety forward which in turn lifts a ball catch out of a socket at the back of the trigger unit. Could be that the spring on the catch is worn or broken... if of course Beretta use the same type of fitting.. PhilR would know he shoots a DT . Funny I have heard of people having trouble removing the trigger group from Perazzi's but not them being loose.

If the trigger group, Beretta or Perazzi  or whatever, is original to the gun then it should be attended to properly by the maker's representative.  Perazzi triggers do not interchange necessarily and often "fitted" by unfortunately optimistic people.  and then there is always the popular "just cram it in" method.  I suspect that Beretta could easily suffer from the same attention, etc.

At any rate, get it fixed

Unfortunately I don't have a DT11 (yet) so I can only refer. Rich Cole (Cole's fine gunsmithing) over in Wonko's side of the pond seems very comfortable around DT11 triggers (even converts them to mechanical, as opposed to inertia-driven selection). He has a pretty good online presence on youtube and so on where he answers questions in the comments, and he allegedly answers emails on questions like yours as well. The cause might pique his interest, as it doesn't seem a prevalent issue (from what i can tell on the internets). 

Definitely needs looking at imho

Edit, Lovely engraving
Thank you, its a smashing piece of kit and I shoot it a lot better than anything I've ever had before. Little niggles like this really get to me, so I'm hoping its something that is deemed requiring assistance by GMK really or something that can be fixed.

Thank you, its a smashing piece of kit and I shoot it a lot better than anything I've ever had before. Little niggles like this really get to me, so I'm hoping its something that is deemed requiring assistance by GMK really or something that can be fixed.
I would be very surprised if the dealer shoots you down (pun intended) on an issue like this following the purchase of DT11 (EELL?) that is still under warranty. May be that they send it back though, which could take a while. I'd hate to part ways with a gun for any length of time. If it were me, I'd certainly email Beretta customer service parallel to contacting the dealer. This being a flagship model, chances are Beretta themselves wouldn't want to risk dissatisfied customers. 

That said I am very curious as to the cause. While its hard to tell from the images how much, the noise alone says way too much wiggle room there. Was it snug before and if so for how long before it started moving? Did it develop incrementally or all at once? 

I would be very surprised if the dealer shoots you down (pun intended) on an issue like this following the purchase of DT11 (EELL?) that is still under warranty. May be that they send it back though, which could take a while. I'd hate to part ways with a gun for any length of time. If it were me, I'd certainly email Beretta customer service parallel to contacting the dealer. This being a flagship model, chances are Beretta themselves wouldn't want to risk dissatisfied customers. 

That said I am very curious as to the cause. While its hard to tell from the images how much, the noise alone says way too much wiggle room there. Was it snug before and if so for how long before it started moving? Did it develop incrementally or all at once? 
Its never been an absolute tight fit, a chap in the shop said it was to be expected not to be completely solid, but it has got a lot worse, I can now feel it move under my hand as I shoot at times. Its not had a huge amount of shells through it, maybe 5K, don't even take the trigger out a lot either.

Its never been an absolute tight fit, a chap in the shop said it was to be expected not to be completely solid, but it has got a lot worse, I can now feel it move under my hand as I shoot at times. Its not had a huge amount of shells through it, maybe 5K, don't even take the trigger out a lot either.
 If the shop won't organise it speak to GMK directly and show them the video. They are usually pretty helpful. 

a chap in the shop said it was to be expected not to be completely solid
Yikes. I hope they help you sort it. 

There is a comment under this video (on removing and inserting the trigger) that mentions a trigger group coming loose, but unfortunately it hasn't been answered. Won't hurt to keep tabs as it pretty recent. 

We have two Dt11 and another on loan. (Story for another day). The two that we own there is no play whatsoever. In fact they are so tight in there that I have been unable to remove them. The loaner also has no play at all. Not tried to remove this one. 

Jasper. 

Latest posts

Back