License Vetting Process

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puffin

Am waiting for my license application to be processed and, today, Glos Police contacted my referee for a verbal reference.  Does anyone know where this activity sits in the end-to-end process?  Just trying to gauge how much longer I’ll be waiting (and am optimistically hoping referencing is towards the end!).  Cheers

Thanks.  No contact yet about a visit, fingers crossed I'll get that soon then.

As a matter of interest, how long have you been waiting. 3 months for me and still waiting for the visit.

Submitted my application on 1st August, which is when the application process was reopened, so about the same.  Including the delays from when the application process was closed due to Covid, I've been waiting for 12 months!

It's like waiting for Santa to come 😀

Rather frustratingly I was booked in for my FEO visit and it was cancelled on the day. That was 4 weeks ago. It seems I've gone to the back of the queue...

It took about 12 weeks for my renewal earlier this year and I'm in Glos too. They didn't ask for a GP letter and they didn't do a visit either. The FEO rang me for a chat and explained they were mostly working from home due to C19 restrictions. 

Am waiting for my license application to be processed and, today, Glos Police contacted my referee for a verbal reference.  Does anyone know where this activity sits in the end-to-end process?  Just trying to gauge how much longer I’ll be waiting (and am optimistically hoping referencing is towards the end!).  Cheers
Give them a call and ask.

I am in regular comms with them and I don't want to bother them too frequently, plus they don't provide a step-by-step update through the process, so I thought I'd see if anyone knew the process on here.

I've not asked the police with regards to wait times as I thought it may be deemed pestering. What's people's thoughts on this? Is it worth a call?

I'm in email comms and have been for 12 months, they are very responsive.  I ask them for an update every 4-6 weeks or so and they seem happy to do that, even if all they can say is they don't know how long things will take.

I applied for mine at the end of July and I got it this week. On my home visit the officer said it would be 6-8 weeks but it came in three. They contacted my referee the day after my visit but I’m unsure if they contacted my GP

A final update to finish the story.  After the telephone reference on 11/10, I had a call on Thurs 28/10 and arranged my home visit for Monday 01/11.  That went well and today, 03/11, I received my Certificate so I'm really happy with the outcome and give Glos Firearms full credit for moving so quickly once things opened up and they were able to do so.  Time to buy a gun!

Great news. I have my visit tomorrow. Must remember to buy biscuits on way home from work!

Latest posts

Back