Left Handed Guns

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Premier guns is where I have seen the miroku for sale i have just had a email saying the price has increased due to the weak pound so this may be the case. But he did say he can come down a little so I will take a drive down and see what happens.

Surely they cant be more expensive to make, so why do they cost more to buy
They probably are more expensive to make.

The more products you make, the cheaper they get.

As they produce more right handed ones, these should be cheaper for them.

Maybe they should charge a bit extra on the right handed, to compensate for the left handed  :smile:

I'm right handed, but left footed and shoot left handed !

Premier guns is where I have seen the miroku for sale i have just had a email saying the price has increased due to the weak pound so this may be the case. But he did say he can come down a little so I will take a drive down and see what happens.
I noticed the prices have gone up as well at premier guns, I'm left handed also, I'm seen the gun I'm getting at the country man in derby, that's where I'm off to on Saturday 

I'm right handed, but left footed and shoot left handed !

I noticed the prices have gone up as well at premier guns, I'm left handed also, I'm seen the gun I'm getting at the country man in derby, that's where I'm off to on Saturday 
Hi Mr Blue Welcome to the forum bud, im going to a shop to test a few on Saturday so hopefully i find one i like

This paying a premium price is farcical .

I am very Left biased and have shot for 61 years using mainly off the shelf guns . Miroku / Browning and many others can be very straight stocked .I have a number of fitted L/H guns and they are not too different to straight guns , it really is dependant on your build.

A proper fit is the essential ingrediant .

North West bud liverpool/widnes 
Ahh? I was going to offer you to come a try a left handed and right handed gun. 

I've shot both and reckon if you're a beginner you're better off deciding which shoulder you're going to shoot off and getting a gun that suits that. What I mean is that if you're left handed, it doesn't necessarily follow that you'll be best shooting left handed. Some left handed people starting out, are strongly right master eyed. If that's the case, they would be sensible to think seriously about shooting right handed. 

If you are left handed and left master eyed, I'd say you're better off to stick with a left handed gun. There's less choice but there should be no great difference in price. I've had both left and right handers and would never go back to a right hander. 

Ahh? I was going to offer you to come a try a left handed and right handed gun. 

I've shot both and reckon if you're a beginner you're better off deciding which shoulder you're going to shoot off and getting a gun that suits that. What I mean is that if you're left handed, it doesn't necessarily follow that you'll be best shooting left handed. Some left handed people starting out, are strongly right master eyed. If that's the case, they would be sensible to think seriously about shooting right handed. 

If you are left handed and left master eyed, I'd say you're better off to stick with a left handed gun. There's less choice but there should be no great difference in price. I've had both left and right handers and would never go back to a right hander. 
Thanks for the offer Finners. I've shot quite a few times over the past year (7 times) and I prefer to shoot off my left shoulder, I did try swapping to my right the first time I shot but it felt alien to me. I'm going gun shopping with Westley this Saturday, so hopefully he will point me in the right direction. Thanks for the offer though. Much apreciated.

West Midlands sg have quite a few left handers in. I nearly bought a left handed 725 off premier at the midland but decided to wait & Tom at wmsg did me a better deal. Bit nearer to you too.

go up to Malmo, very helpfull and they have a few left handed guns in there.

if you wish you while you are near, call round have a look at my left handed eell's and 32" b725 as only 10 minutes away or, if its not raining I will be going to hesketh bank on sunday.

Len

go up to Malmo, very helpfull and they have a few left handed guns in there.

if you wish you while you are near, call round have a look at my left handed eell's and 32" b725 as only 10 minutes away or, if its not raining I will be going to hesketh bank on sunday.

Len
Hi Len thanks for the offer i am going to Malmo tomorrow to test a few guns so hopefully i will find one that fits me well

Ask Brian if he has any new shirts in for me, i need a couple of new uns.

Hi All, i am losing the will to live trying to find a decent read on the internet regarding left and right handed guns. I am a lefty shooter and have always shot with a right handed gun, does anyone shoot left handed and is there a difference between the two or would a decent gun fit resolve the problem. i have been looking at the miroku MK 38 in particular and i can only find one left handed gun but it is £500 more than a right handed version both grade 5 and both brand new but the grade one is still more in the left handed version. Even the browning and Beretta seem to be allot more for a left handed version. Surely they cant be more expensive to make, so why do they cost more to buy. I am not worried about the resale value as i am buying the gun to use so i would want it to be the best fit for me. Thanks in advance
As Salopian rightly says, a proper fit is essential. There's no point doing anything else until this is right

You'd be best served by having a stock made. This can be done for a reasonable price and will give you a gun that you know is shooting where you're looking.

If you shoot a right handed gun from your left shoulder, you wont shoot to point of aim. I think I'm right in saying you will be a bit more in front of L to R crosser, and a bit more behind R to L crosser! You definitely need a left handed gun, I believe some american guns have a straight stock no cast at all, may be worth a look. 

If you shoot a right handed gun from your left shoulder, you wont shoot to point of aim. I think I'm right in saying you will be a bit more in front of L to R crosser, and a bit more behind R to L crosser! You definitely need a left handed gun, I believe some american guns have a straight stock no cast at all, may be worth a look. 
This is not a given

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the offer Finners. I've shot quite a few times over the past year (7 times) and I prefer to shoot off my left shoulder, I did try swapping to my right the first time I shot but it felt alien to me. I'm going gun shopping with Westley this Saturday, so hopefully he will point me in the right direction. Thanks for the offer though. Much apreciated.
You'd be welcome. Sounds like you're sorted anyway, hope you find something that suits you and good luck in your new sport!

Back