Laser simulated ranges

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't take the distance missed by as gospel but I reckon it'd give you a pretty good idea whether you'd given it too much/too little lead or too high or low. It would also be handy for building/maintaining technique. If I had the spare cash there'd be one a system going in one of our basement rooms today.

There are simply no good shots that use one, as far as I know. I had a dabble on one at a country fair once and just could not see any benefit. Target flight lines were straight , which they rarely are for a start. Sure, beginners, learn your gun mount by practicing, but you can do that in the garden or even living room. Spend the cost of the kit on good grounding lessons with somebody sensible. (Unlike the poor guy I found last Saturday who had the most obvious cross eye dominance problem. He had had 6 lessons and nobody had spotted it).

Great for fun....but I am with Ed on this. You cannot get the correct scale....even in a sports stadium. No weather conditions.

Just a great computer game using your own kit.

I love shooting computer games and play them whenever bored etc.

My worry as I have mentioned this in the past....if a computer game is developed that can use your own kit.....and can be played in big stadiums....or indoor sports halls....then it is the start of the end. (IMHO). And I am not talking immediate end.....but the start on the 'no need for live guns'.

There would be no need for councils to allow noises banging on edge of villages either......solving the noise problems.....or creating a noise issue to close a club down.

When lead is forced to be an issue for a ban......this system.....could be muted as the 'new preferrable way' to clay shoot....by those who have no idea what clay shooting is (Government bods etc).

Nope.....I think this is not a good idea........but if stuck in an airport for 3 hours and if they had a room with a simulated clay shoot....yes I would have a ping.....for fun.....understanding clearly it is just a game.

(Of course the 'game' cannot tell the difference between shooting a target with fast gun speed and shooting the target with leeeed. It only has a set program for an area of hit around a target. not sure how accurate the area or how wide the area is.

So peeps....for those using and liking the system.....I have a question.....what sort of shooter is it making you?)

I use dryfire for fast trap. Make of that what you will. Lmao

Last edited by a moderator:
The system that Clever may have been talking about possibly is the Marksman ST2 a system used and promoted by BASC .

In my opinion nothing yet replicates the real thing.

All the dry mounting , learning to run your muzzles on the line , practising different shooting styles can all be achieved in the comfort of your own home using nothing more than your own gun with a mini mag light in the end of the barrel.

NOTHING replicates real time clayshooting. 

It is my opinion that if we promote Laser or any other type of shooting simulation  the powers that be and the greenies will strive to get shooting sports banned as serving no useful purpose.

The system that Clever may have been talking about possibly is the Marksman ST2 a system used and promoted by BASC .

In my opinion nothing yet replicates the real thing.

All the dry mounting , learning to run your muzzles on the line , practising different shooting styles can all be achieved in the comfort of your own home using nothing more than your own gun with a mini mag light in the end of the barrel.

NOTHING replicates real time clayshooting. 

It is my opinion that if we promote Laser or any other type of shooting simulation  the powers that be and the greenies will strive to get shooting sports banned as serving no useful purpose.
+1

As I have said many times on here and other site.......and also said the same when I was on the working committee for Sport England funding. All of us said the same...me (as Cpsa director) ..NRA and NSRA representatives...when the Sport England consultants were trying to push laser and paint ball into our associations. We said No.

Now the committee has all but disappeared....new committees get formed with Yes people..... :laugh:

Even Cpsa was recently pushing laser...!!

So short sighted....but as I said above....only my honest opinion.

Game for fun ...yes....

Replace a live sport....definitely NO....

So be careful what you help 'grow'.....you may find in the future....that it is all you have got.

I know we are all finished....when they ever start holding competitions with it.

Clever, any idea what the system was? Have to say I've yet to see a straight flying clay
Cant recall, but it was Dryfire with their staff demonstrating it. Their selling point was to get you to learn to mount the gun correctly so that you would hit the spot on the wall. I hit the spot on the wall 10 times in a row with the gun not touching me.. didnt get the point.. Maybe a more sophisticated system would be a good tool, but I suspect the cost of a useful one would outweigh the cost of real shooting practice.

Cant recall, but it was Dryfire with their staff demonstrating it. Their selling point was to get you to learn to mount the gun correctly so that you would hit the spot on the wall. I hit the spot on the wall 10 times in a row with the gun not touching me.. didnt get the point.. Maybe a more sophisticated system would be a good tool, but I suspect the cost of a useful one would outweigh the cost of real shooting practice.
It sounds as though the system you tried may have been an Arrow Lasershot or similar. The Dryfire is far more than a tool to practice gun mount (and more expensive with it). Dryfire clays follow typical trajectories and simulate practically any discipline (there are predefined layouts that provide rounds of skeet, DTL, OT, ES etc).

For anyone who has not seen the system, look here: www.dryfire.com

Apologies, I think it was the Arrow lasershot I used, but in a booth with a stadium `wallpaper`. And useless flat clay flightlines and no ability to involve lead.. 

I have seen it but not shot it but i cant see the point myself.

Its like dry mounting, no real benefit in the real world of shooting as its so very sterile imo.

Are we not missing the point here that this is a training aid not a replacement , Lazer quest was invented and can be played in the city centre without getting dirty but is nowhere near as popular as paintball...people always want the real experience...if it was to be played as a game it would be more likely to draw people to trying the real thing then replacing it .Progress is progress and it will get better and more realistic and will be used to train future Olympians when it reaches the level where it is deemed worthy , bet on it.

No amount of hiding in our Le chameau wellies will stop it....

Yes the point is being missed that the sport can be replaced with a PC correct copy.....and that is why we now have Helice....a replica of the real game.

Surely clay pigeon shooting as a whole is a replica by definition ?

And my point about lazerquest stands...yes it could be but nobody wants to.

Don't embrace anything ..it could be bad ...fortunately we'll never know ;)

Unfortunately Brantano don't stock Le Chameau I have to make do with Dunlop Landmaster in a rather fetching slurry green :spiteful:
Don't you have the internet up there............. ohh hang on a minute  :suicide:  I'll get my coat  :sarcastic:

Latest posts

Back