k80

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This man knows the score! Haha cheers pete you are a gent. Just spoke to simon and he's doing my auto as I type, ready by end of the week. Thanks for helping to organise.Ed

Did'nt want to know anyway?/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cry.gif

Hi Elvis,can't say as yet,cus they are sending it off " so by thursday i hope to get a phone call.If its not right i will blow my top and the name of the shop of wasters.They had to of known about the problem as how do they clean a gun after a client trys it.and i know two people that test shot it.(this shop is not in our county)

I will give you a bit of a laugh. Having not shot for 5yrs, I called in Derek Lee's gunshhop in Horncastle on my way back from Suffolk just for a look around. I picked up the s/h K80 he had in stock, which really made me quite envious but at £5k it was easily out of my reach as a gun to start shooting again, after all my local ground had closed so I would need to find another good Trap shooting ground and get back into the sport before taking on that level of expense.Whilst talking to Derek, I mentioned that I once had a go with a Remmy 3200, which I understand was made by Krieghoff for Remminton and enjoyed the gun. With that he produced a 3200 in superb condition which he had just serviced but had not put it up for sale as yet.To cut a long story short, I bought the gun with both 30 & 25" barrels. I took it down to John Bidwells a few weeks later and tryed it on the sporting. Not bad at all, the 25" barrels were like having a muck spredder on any closer range targets and with 9 shot carts in the 30" it seemed to work well for me. About a month later, my wife and I went to Beverley CTC to shoot some trap, both DTL and OL. My god this little gun is a dream to shoot with very low recoil. I have always had Perazzi and Berrettas because I like the fast handling of them but I have to say  that I really seemed to shoot faster with the 3200. The results were very pleasing indeed and by the end of that first day, I had two chaps wanting to buy her.As I said, I only bought the 3200 to get back into shooting and now that I have I may well buy another gun but not for some time as I just love the way it handles.Not a K80 just looks like one and yes I do intend trying a K80 out at some stage but I'm not in any rush.Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried mine today at the ground. After a 300 bird day yesterday and a heavy night I was feeling a bit shattered and I have to say that my arms were falling off after 75 clays! Personal memo: - arm exercises priority 1. Put more water in it priority 2.

Ian, what do you expect with a near 10lb Trap Gun?Big Jim, Have Blaser managed to get two barrels to shoot within a foot of each other yet??/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif

Your a big boy Ian; eat your greens! A little weed like me pushes a 10lb+ one about! ;-)

This one weighs in at just over eight and a half. I must be getting bloody old or something!

Salopian said:

Ian, what do you expect with a near 10lb Trap Gun?Big Jim, Have Blaser managed to get two barrels to shoot within a foot of each other yet??/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif
I shoot an F3 Pro and both barrels overlap each other /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif. It's a lot heavier than my Mk1 was though,it weighs 8lb 14oz with no weights added.

Mike said:

Salopian said:
Ian, what do you expect with a near 10lb Trap Gun?Big Jim, Have Blaser managed to get two barrels to shoot within a foot of each other yet??
/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif
I shoot an F3 Pro and both barrels overlap each other
/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif. It's a lot heavier than my Mk1 was though,it weighs 8lb 14oz with no weights added.
8lb 14oz ???? just bought a new f3 pro 32" mine is only 8lbs 3oz, and I have to say it's is with out doubt one of the best handling guns I have ever had (very much in the B2G mode) little to no recoil, very point-able, and trigger shape and position spot on. currently playing with the the barrel weights to find the right combination to suit the majority of targets. had one of the first f3's eight years ago won a fair bit with it but it spent to much time going back for repair so it at to go ...but it's replacement DT10 L TRIDENT lacked real feel and although I did have some success with her,but the slower loopy targets that frequent 90% of sporting shoots now made me look inept as I just kept going past them with the DT10's movement ??The F3 seems so much easier to hold to the shoot point ? and as for it's mechanical reliability ....time will tellbut on the pattern plate the F3 is a match for any patterning gun /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif unlike K80's every one I have seen shot by friends seem to shoot low and left and each barrel to a different point on the pattern plate and if that is what you get for 10k you can have my share, saying that you could get 2 very nice F3's for that money /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-confused.gif 

I find the F3 very nice to shoot too. Very little recoil and extremely point able as well.

Blazer F3 ?? hair nets and parts list comes to mind .,,, the kreighoff for the big boys .   /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-kiss.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-kiss.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-kiss.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-kiss.gif

Chipper said:

Blazer F3 ?? hair nets and parts list comes to mind .,,, the kreighoff for the big boys .   /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-kiss.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-kiss.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-kiss.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-kiss.gif
No quibble 10 year warranty, no need for a service every year either.etc, etc. /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif

Blasers are very nice to shot now ive put at least 20000 through mine with no problems the only thing i had to do was get a stock built to fit me. I always wanted a k80 and when ive tried them i just can't see what all the fuss is about they feel like a lump of lead to me.

no matter what we all say about these guns, luv them or hate them its all about ability and its to easy to blame the gun !! you don't hear Chris Childerhouse, Edd Solomons etc moaning about the guns floppy targets etc etc bad courses etc etc they get on with the job !! and shoot well, just go out on Sunday enjoy your sport and have fun, life's too short for all the crap, it ain't going to pay the bills,,,, shoot to the best of your ability and enjoy.. at the end of the day wether you like it or not the best built most reliable clay shooting gun is the DT10 .. but its life we all like a change, the krieghoff is like marmite you either love it or hate it, but don't knock it its well built but overpriced ... Beretta make the most reliable clay guns ??? don't they./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cry.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cry.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cry.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cry.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cry.gif , i changed my DT10 for a K80, lovely gun but build quility to my DT10 and 1000's of shells no issues ?? i dont no.... picked me mates F3 blazer up and shot that well so you got to get what makes you tick and stick with it and enjoy your weekend ... /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-confused.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-confused.gif    

"at the end of the day wether you like it or not the best built most reliable clay shooting gun is the DT10" With all due respect, that is a very bold statement and I assume you have concrete evidence of this??????

I wasn't knocking the k80 im just not good enough to use one! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif

Fuzrat said:

"at the end of the day wether you like it or not the best built most reliable clay shooting gun is the DT10" With all due respect, that is a very bold statement and I assume you have concrete evidence of this??????
Yes i have 30,000 plus shells no issues, go to world beretta malcom gives it a good service no issues etc...etc,, would u say theres better built guns ??  

Latest posts

Back