K80 Parcour or MX12

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chubby

Ok I have the choice of one or the other both new, The P gun is £2500 cheaper than the Parcour Why? and i get the P gun fitted at the Factory.

But I really like the handling of the Parcour.

If I were in that lucky position the Perazzi would get the nod.

Fitting within the price,

£2500 less

Won more events so re-sale easier on that score alone

Looks more conventional so re-sale easier

Factually speaking fewer people fail to gel with a P

Parcours is really too light by around 6-7 oz

The reason for the difference in price is almost certainly to do with economies of scale, Perazzi probably sell ten times as many guns as Krieghoff.

ps. regarding handling...........well it's a bit of a minefield really as some prefer frontal weight, others between the hands, a few even like a tiny bit of stock bias, in short you can decide to set it up as you wish and a gun costing several thousands deserves that. Be aware you might just be judging the way the K flits to and fro due to lightness as superior handling, it isn't necessarily that, handsome is as handsome does.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ex demo k80 parcour save a bit on list and get the handling?

Chubby I have a MX 12 sporting and was wondering whether  to change to a K80 parcour because I liked the handling, but! in the States they retail at $11300-00 new and some will cut that price? (£7000-00) why are we being shafted over here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't say I have handled a K gun so cannot really say but don't forget you have to get to the Perazzi factory under your own steam so factor that into the price difference....if you haven't already ?

Nice decision to have to make mind :)

DT

Chubby I have a MX 12 sporting and was wondering whether  to change to a K80 parcour because I liked the handling, but! in the States they retail at $11300-00 new and some will cut that price? (£7000-00) why are we being shafted over here?
20% VAT added by the government doesn't exactly make the 2 countries comparable - its not always the traders!

Chubby,

According to your profile you already shoot a Parcours ?

Oh ! sorry my mistake, you shoot a gun that Alan Rhone recommended Krieghoff to copy. Even to supplying standard as a fixed choke @3/4 & Full !

Martin... Martin.... Martin don't be a fool.. Get a perazzi you have already ordered it anyway! You will get a fitted brand new gun for £2500 less and the whole trip only cost £300 when you sent me out there.. The kreighoff will only be nice if it's a pretty one anyway and you won't be able to shoot better with either..

MX12, they have coil spring triggers and are ultra reliable.

You dont actually need to go to Italy to get a custom made Perazzi anymore, John Jeffries at HPX can make it all happen from a shooting ground near where ever you live, have a read of my personal experience:

http://www.highpheasants.com/testimonials/
I'm with cosmicblue on this one, Give john Jefferies a ring, you won't regret it, lovely man and really knows his stuff!

You probably won't shoot any better with one versus the other, so just buy the one that stirs your soul! Regardless what other people think!

You pays your money, you makes your choice!

:)

Oh, and pics once you've got it!

The Parcour is a lovely gun and the price issues probably have more to do with its route on to the UK market than anything else. As usual, prejudice and a lack of knowledge colours opinions but you really have to shoot one to appreciate the quality and handling properties. This is a very good bit of kit - no question.

Nobody denies it's a good bit of kit, most of us would shoot one in a heart beat but the OP posed a dilemma and people give their take on things. I can't see that the route into the UK market has a lot to do with it since they both come from European countries. 

I merely gave my opinion. You must appreciate that both guns arrive here from Europe and are handled by different companies with different marketing policies. Value and worth are two entirely different things and who can say if a £20K gun is good value for instance? Is it worth it? Ultimately the market decides what it will pay for anything and if not, the product falls away from the limelight never to be seen again. I would add that there are a lot of Parcours being sold at the moment.

Latest posts

Back