Ixis Green pad

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwpzx9r

Thinking about a new pad for my stock and wondered about the green pad... worth a try? I am sure I have asked this before but cannot remember any advice welcomed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good enough, will get one ordered today Greg. I see they do a new improved version, the Xpad !, so will probably go with that one.

I had an Isis green pad on my previous Perazzi, very good pad!

I have the new xpad on my MK38, definitely helps me. Its not going to have the same effect as the recoil reducers on the market but then again not the same cost either!

Try the Xpad.  It has 2 layers and absorbs recoil better than the standard green pad does.   

These are great. Do it.

Don't forget to order the corresponding thickness pad to replicate the one you have already. Otherwise you make need to cut the stock down to maintain the same LOP. The Xpad looks great but is typically thicker than the Green pad. If recoil is not an issue then go for the standard green pad if you don't want to get the saw out!!

DT

Don't forget to order the corresponding thickness pad to replicate the one you have already. Otherwise you make need to cut the stock down to maintain the same LOP. The Xpad looks great but is typically thicker than the Green pad. If recoil is not an issue then go for the standard green pad if you don't want to get the saw out!!

DT
Fortunately the 25mm pad is the exact size I need so just a matter of screwing the thing onto the stock and of course the shaping it up. I have a good belt sander so should be able to get a good shape with that I would think. I watched a vid of a gunsmith grinding down a standard rubber pad he just put a couple of wraps of masking tape around the stock where it meets the pad and then ground away until the tape was reached and that was that removed the masking tape and it looked great.

Fortunately the 25mm pad is the exact size I need so just a matter of screwing the thing onto the stock and of course the shaping it up. I have a good belt sander so should be able to get a good shape with that I would think. I watched a vid of a gunsmith grinding down a standard rubber pad he just put a couple of wraps of masking tape around the stock where it meets the pad and then ground away until the tape was reached and that was that removed the masking tape and it looked great.
Aye that's it. I found it easier to scribe the pad with a sharp point and then take it off to do most of the grinding as you will need a pretty course grit to remove the majority. Got it close to the scribe mark, re-fitted to the stock and then finished it off with a much smaller grit sander. Just go careful with the last bit!!

DT

Yes Greg don't want to end up with a piece of very expensive firewood :)  will be doing the same as you did !

You need 120 grit on the belt for a smooth finish and use a new belt as they pick up dirt easy...

Once you have scribed your line and removed the pad, sand a piece of chalk over the base of the pad and rub the powder into your scribe mark so its easy to see.  Remember the angle of the stock for the toe, otherwise you will end up with a very square pad .....

The only thing better than an an XPad is the full ISIS 2 Recoil Reducer...and the only thing better than that, is blanks :)

Aye that's it. I found it easier to scribe the pad with a sharp point and then take it off to do most of the grinding as you will need a pretty course grit to remove the majority. Got it close to the scribe mark, re-fitted to the stock and then finished it off with a much smaller grit sander. Just go careful with the last bit!!

DT
Hey Greg did you drill a hole for the stock removal tool ?

Not initially but I did later. Drilled a clearance hold in the rigid plastic backing plate but just put a cut in the foam.

DT

How would a green pad compare to say a new Browning Inflex 2 pad?

Would it make a huge difference swapping to one?

Not wishing to be a fly in the ointment, but I really could not get on with the green pad! Had one on the kemen for about six months and when I shot the gun it felt a bit springy, went back to kick-eez.

Latest posts

Back