Ive Quit!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, unfortunately recoil is not the problem as such. Its all to do with a previous neck injury and how the neck/head gets held in a certain position whilst shooting trap. I get the same trouble with rifles too!
I suffered a bit from my neck too so got Mutley (top man) to make me a custom stock with the butt pad much lower in relation to the comb but still the same to the rib/sight picture,neck is vastly improved since as i don't crunch it down onto the stock  :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinky Tweed???  So is that like tweed underwear?  Socks?

inquiring minds, etc
You better ask IPS Charlie! He's gotten into some funny stuff of late!

I suffered a bit from my neck too so got Mutley (top man) to make me a custom stock with the butt pad much lower in relation to the comb but still the same to the rib/sight picture,neck is vastly improved since as i don't crunch it down onto the stock  :cool:
Yes Mark, I tried something similar, worked for a while, then the prob came back.

Strangely enough, I think we cured ips of 'Trapshooters Head' on the car park at Ribble Bank !  He had that annoying habit of pressing his head down onto the stock of his Game gun, which resulted in a superb view of it's top lever and nothing else.

indeed, I cannot argue. Having said that the 687eell looks very pretty from any angle even looking at the lever ?

Yes I have to concede, it IS one of Baikal's better models !
how very dare you sir ?

according to Stewart the smith I have made 1k profit on it already in less than a year ? he reactivated the auto safety today and exclaimed how beautiful it is. I actually love it more than the DT 10eell ?

anyway did I hear that me very very good mate les is leaving. ??

Shame to hear this Les. 

Hope to still hear from you on here though. And have a laugh on Facebook every now and then at people's posts... ;-)
Nothing will change Si, just not actually shooting shotguns! ?

how very dare you sir ?

according to Stewart the smith I have made 1k profit on it already in less than a year ? he reactivated the auto safety today and exclaimed how beautiful it is. I actually love it more than the DT 10eell ?

anyway did I hear that me very very good mate les is leaving. ??
No he's still here!

Yes, he is right !........the safety is LOVELY !

A Berretta is a very safe gun to me as i can hit nothing with one :lol:

Strangely enough, I think we cured ips of 'Trapshooters Head' on the car park at Ribble Bank !  He had that annoying habit of pressing his head down onto the stock of his Game gun, which resulted in a superb view of it's top lever and nothing else.
In more enlightened circles that is known as an ill-fitted gun.  Also a common reason that SxS guns are generally found to not perform well for the majority of shooters.

just a thot

In more enlightened circles that is known as an ill-fitted gun.  Also a common reason that SxS guns are generally found to not perform well for the majority of shooters.

just a thot
Well, if that is the reason, WHY do so many Trap shooters have ill fitting guns  ???? 

Looking at your little picture, I see that YOU also have an ill fitting gun !

Well, if that is the reason, WHY do so many Trap shooters have ill fitting guns  ???? 

Looking at your little picture, I see that YOU also have an ill fitting gun !
Well Wes, It may not be trap shooters with ill fitting guns, its often a well fitted gun badly mounted! Many trap shooters including myself, have this habit of shoving the gun into the shoulder and then attempt to push our heads as far along the comb as possible, as well as forcing our faces down on the comb! Once ingrained, this habit is very hard to break, if not impossible. Doing this has aggravated my neck issue over the years!

Pity you've had a change of interest Les. Just as I got my hands on a 40yr old Super Trap 80..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Fred,

I have had a few of those 'Super Carp' guns over the years, BUT that is the first one that I have seen where the Manufacturers actually decreed it !     :angel:

Well Wes, It may not be trap shooters with ill fitting guns, its often a well fitted gun badly mounted! Many trap shooters including myself, have this habit of shoving the gun into the shoulder and then attempt to push our heads as far along the comb as possible, as well as forcing our faces down on the comb! Once ingrained, this habit is very hard to break, if not impossible. Doing this has aggravated my neck issue over the years!
That is just the point that I am trying to make Les, hence the current trend of high rib/comb guns that have suddenly appeared on the scene.  I raised a point recently regarding the late, great Bob Braithwaite. A short video footage of the man actually shooting, appeared on here. I raised the point that his head remained upright and he brought the stock to cheek and shoulder, a method that I have always used, regardless of the discipline being shot, and still do to this day. I too have had neck and shoulder problems recently, BUT they were due entirely to injuries sustained whilst working and NOT through shooting. Perhaps a change of discipline and the use of an auto, keeping your head still as you mount the gun, may persuade you to 'stay with us' for a while longer ? 

Latest posts

Back