ISSF scores are live

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to mention Munich this year but Phil beat me to it.

If you recall 7 shooters all hit a124 ex 125 in qualification and then had to take part in a 7 man shoot-off to see which six went into the actual finals!

DT

GBR Juniors currently in a 3 way tie for first place after second day of qualifying. Come on the boys!!

DT

Edit: Looks like a 124 ex 125 is going to be needed to get into the Men's final as currently 7 shooters in a position to hit that. Only one can stick in a 125 ex 125 and that is one Mr Ling :)

Come on ED!!

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
That one was gleaned for the collection from the traps at Nuthampstead. The wood resin bit must be the binding agent for the chalk, not the pitch tar of our clays. Can be had painted black but explodes white.

Corsivia announced sponsor of ISSF Worlds so yes they're using these.
Fred, we had a conversation about steel some time back! You had a theory about it getting brought in at some future point, well these clays could work well for steel by the look of it, as they seem to break easily and may not suffer from steel bounce! Just a thought!!!

Right that's it Fred!!!!!! I'm going to ask our county committee to insist on these at county shoots from now on!!! I wonder what sort of reply I will get?   :spiteful:   (Over to you Garry2749.....Mr County Secretary....Sir)  :biggrin:
Before we worry about the colour and make of clays the biggest worry is having somewhere to shoot the bloody things. :girlcrazy:

Before we worry about the colour and make of clays the biggest worry is having somewhere to shoot the bloody things. :girlcrazy:
Oh thats it........go on....bloody well depress me why dont ya!!!!  :suicide:

Down to 4 possible 124 ex 125 now so Bradley Davis will be in a shoot off with 7 others to make the last two finals spots. Ed Ling finished on 124 having missed his 19th target in the last round.

Bloody phenomenal shooting by Ed and Bradley. Well done boys:)

DT

Bloody hell! Jack Wilkinson has automatically qualified for the finals on a 120 and new cap Nathan Hales has shot a 119 (including 2 straights for the last two rounds) and goes into a shoot-off for the finals.

Incredible performance considering he has only been shooting OT for 3 months!!

DT

Bloody hell! Jack Wilkinson has automatically qualified for the finals on a 120 and new cap Nathan Hales has shot a 119 and goes into a shoot-off for the finals.

Incredible performance considering he has only been shooting OT for 3 months!!

DT
I don't like these new fangled qualifying things Greg!!!! It would be better to put Ed and the others on 124 into a shoot off to decide first, second and third. Sounds too simple? Yes it is ........AND it's logical!!!!

Quite agree Les but the ISSF want their finals and medal matches (which according to them) have been well received by the shooting world ?. Not sure who they consulted, certainly wasn't anybody I have spoken too about it??

Live coverage of the Mens and Juniors finals later today from 4.00PM onwards

DT

By my reckoning the Trap Juniors have won the team silver medal, missing out by 1 point to the Italians in first place (I think). Fantastic performance considering two new caps.

DT

Not sure who they consulted, certainly wasn't anybody I have spoken too about it??

DT
Makes you wonder if they really consulted anyone at all Greg! Everyone I've heard about seems to think it's total farce!

Doh! Mens/junior trap finals are programmed to start at 4.00PM but I assume that is local (Spanish) time so that will be 3.00PM in the UK

DT

Ed Ling wins OT silver medal at the World Championships and also one of the three Quota Places available at the event for Rio 2016. Congratulations Ed.

Having given much thought to the new fangled finals I have to say that I am now in favour (not that it is likely to ever effect me of course) the first 125 is merely a qualifying round and like all other sports that have a final everyone starts at scratch, so on that basis it is correct.

Having given much thought to the new fangled finals I have to say that I am now in favour (not that it is likely to ever effect me of course) the first 125 is merely a qualifying round and like all other sports that have a final everyone starts at scratch, so on that basis it is correct.
Sorry mate, I still don't like it!!! I still reckon it should be done on highest in the main comp wins, then if, like this time there were four on the same score, then it should be a shoot out between those four only for gold, sliver and bronze! Otherwise it almost amounts to two comps! But as you say, it's never going to happen to the likes of us any way!!!!!  :laugh:

Yes mate don't worry about it, makes no difference to us :)

Bronze medal for Nathan Hales after a tied bronze medal match and shoot off against Jack Wilkinson.

Fantastic result for the newbie! Well done Nathan and to Jack for getting to the medal matches.

DT

Brilliant news for Ed winning a quota as well..!!

I just spoke to him and he is chuffed to bits.

Brilliant result for Nathan too.

What heroes...!

Latest posts

Back