Isis comb raiser?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garwood

Anyone used an Isis comb raiser (adhesive type) ? Just wonder how noticeable they are with regards to cast etc ...

Although I don't own/use one, I know a man that does  !  He tells me it raises the comb, without interference to the cast. I have to say it is probably one of the better ones I have seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's to experement.  Go on fleabay and buy 20x20cm of adhesive neoprene sheet at around £2 incl postage and cut to size.  On my beretta 682 I cut it into a 25mm wide strip. It got  me the additioal height I wanted without the change in cast. The sheet is available in various thicknesses. 

Thanks,already done that with a mousemat and masking tape !!!..

i know that the real answer is a new gun but reluctant to splash the cash in the current climate!!!!!!

I had one ,Probably the best option (except for having the stock cut and raiser fitted, which i had done in the end) Doesn't affect cast.

My only concern was the glue used is a one time affair and very strong. I'm not sure if the glue will stain the wood in time?

Thanks,already done that with a mousemat and masking tape !!!..

i know that the real answer is a new gun but reluctant to splash the cash in the current climate!!!!!!
simon willmore gunsmith at doveridge  fits a complete adj comb raiser  up down  cast on cast off    last time i had one £250    cheaper than a new gun , and he dose a super job    !!

If you don’t want the look of an adjustable comb and don’t want a stick on  , a good stocker can bend the stock at the wrist and  raise the drop dimensions on the comb . I’ve had this done on a very pretty Miroku gd5  20g game gun  , which I didn’t want to butcher . The movement does not affect the grip as a little at the wrist gives a lot at the heel . I had cast put on at the same time . 

Beretta do a nice stick on comb raiser pad that's removable and reusable without leaving any adhesive on the stock. Think they come in 4 or 6mm and clear or black, called the Beretta gel tek comb raiser. Worth a look it ypu want to try something without adhesive to see how it goes. Plenty on ebay.

Beretta do a nice stick on comb raiser pad that's removable and reusable without leaving any adhesive on the stock. Think they come in 4 or 6mm and clear or black, called the Beretta gel tek comb raiser. Worth a look it ypu want to try something without adhesive to see how it goes. Plenty on ebay.
Yes, I have one that I use when Instructing, they are about £20 on fleabay at present. I have been struggling with my ProSport of late, due to my age and its weight of almost 9 lbs. I start off rather well and think OK this is not going to be too bad a score, then, on the final 3 or 4 stands of 14, I collect more zero's than the Japanese Air force  !  In an effort to correct this I have bought a Miroku MK38 sporter. It weighs 3/4 lbs less than the ProSport. I have used it around 6 times now, but the comb is so much thinner than the ProSport, if is hurting my cheek bone. The height of the comb is spot on, it is the width that is the problem.  So , yesterday out came the Beretta stick on pad. All was well with most of the targets on the first 4 stands, which included the high tower (a midi with the wind up its bum). Then came a stand with a dropping crosser and a dropping incomer. Missed the first 2 pair. Stripped off the Beretta pad and straighted the final 4  !  So a long winded way of saying, yes it attaches easily, yes it can be readily moved from gun to gun, yes it most certainly raises the comb ( I don't believe cast alteration was an issue). Also one of the cheapest on the market.  It did not solve my problem though. Yes, it made the gun more comfortable to shoot, but altered the fit too much for me. I went on to shoot badly, but due mainly to head lifting after the first shot. I have a trap stock in the pipeline  !

Latest posts

Back