is sporting to hard

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Targets that are harder to hit take more effort but there is a greater reward in the feeling you get when you hit them,at least that is the way i feel anyhow.

If i go into a stand and shoot it better than the AA shot that went before me i feel good if i don't shoot as well of course he is a AA shot and should do better but i will still think i could do better.

I shoot at about 10 different grounds on a fairly regular basis so a large variation in targets if i just shoot the C class average for that shoot i don't feel good about it doesn't matter how high the score is.

If i shoot the winning score in class great but unless i put a fair gap between others and me i don't usually feel i have shot my best,beating people i perceive to be much better than me on the same targets especially harder ones is what does it for me ;)

just to clarify I am not against hard targets otherwise may as well shoot DTL. Its the stupid ones that are more luck than anything that I have an issue with.

just to clarify I am not against hard targets otherwise may as well shoot DTL. Its the stupid ones that are more luck than anything that I have an issue with.
You don't repeatedly hit targets with "luck" if you are consistently not hitting "stupid" targets you are not reading them right.

I have days when i go out and struggle to read anything to me your "stupid" targets are the clever ones if they beat me and i am cleverer if they don't!

Last edited by a moderator:
we differ there my friend. If I miss the target was stupid. If I consistently miss it then I am stupid for having shot at it again ?

There are stupid targets out there and also clever targets out there! You have to be,able to SEE them and also have time to shoot them!

we differ there my friend. If I miss the target was stupid. If I consistently miss it then I am stupid for having shot at it again ?
Shot Catton Hall on Wednesday and was on for a half decent score UNTIL the 4 stands where you are shooting down into the quarry, 2,2,2 AND BLANK  !  I am still sitting and wondering WHERE the hell I was missing them, have to say it is a long time since I was a 'Blanker'.  I feel a session with a certain Mr. B. Davies is on the cards  ?

Shot Catton Hall on Wednesday and was on for a half decent score UNTIL the 4 stands where you are shooting down into the quarry, 2,2,2 AND BLANK  !  I am still sitting and wondering WHERE the hell I was missing them, have to say it is a long time since I was a 'Blanker'.  I feel a session with a certain Mr. B. Davies is on the cards  ?
Were they stupid or were they clever?

I would argue if you are hitting 74% average and only been on sporting a short time, in reality the stuff you are shooting is too EASY.

try a couple registered Sporting's (not practice after event jobs as often they get toned down) and see what you think. You may surprise yourself.

only done 70% + on last two outings one with Westley one with short legs. I have not much idea re difficulty only Westley and short legs can confirm if they were easy. Up till recently I have been around the 55%

only done 70% + on last two outings one with Westley one with short legs. I have not much idea re difficulty only Westley and short legs can confirm if they were easy. Up till recently I have been around the 55%
If you shot 70% at Webton that would be a average of 45% anywhere else ! if you shot 70% at Conniston then that is well done  :wink:

it was dolphin with Westley Coniston with short legs ?

cheers, yes I think I am getting there with the advice I have had from you Westley and short legs.

Back