ips does driven partridge

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

shot a driven partridge day in Cumbria invitation from the keeper who is a friend.

a small selective day of eight guns. Bag was 51 over 4 drives. I shot with the new Lincoln vogue and folded a partridge with the very first shot. ?

I ended on...

3 for 4

1 for 5

8 for 27

1 for 2

a great day and a great start with what is Imo a great gun.

thanks garwood.

yes and it didn't rain for once ?

yes indeed it was garwood.

this estate has not been shot for a while apparently, and its new to the keeper so the first two days have been deliberately shot with very selective birds in mind. I have only shot a handful of game days ranging from bags of 12 - 250 but to me its all about the day and a couple of sporting birds per gun per drive does me fine. I am not against big days per se but a good day can be had by selecting good sporting birds. In fact in many ways shooting in this way makes one really think about the birds to be left and the birds to be shot and this selective style of shooting adds an extra element rather than being presented with "all" shootable birds and banging away.

just my opinion based on limited experience

Agree,shot a `stir up` day last September where selectivity reqd but it was good to be out in mild weather and stand on stubbles !

stir up ??

aye that sounds like same thing as keeper said something the other week on first day "not sure if they will fly well but we need to stir them up" all makes sense now.

ps

I didn't bother reporting the first day as I was out of it on three drives and shot poorly on the one I had birds over. I blame the 687 which is about to go for sale, nothing wrong with it, just doesn't fit / suit me.

Latest posts

Back