Rosehill Farm Pheasant Shoot

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sian

I’ve had a lovely day.  Travelled down to visit friends near Haverfordwest yesterday as Tony had been invited to shoot.   The weather was glorious and he enjoyed the day.   It’s a lovely place and the hospitality was superb.   I was a beater and really enjoyed it.  I took one of their “pet” dogs just because he really enjoys being out and between us we managed to flush out a pheasant that Mr Hoskins got.  Not a huge bag but the wind was not in our favour today but the birds taken were appreciated and sporting and I thought a good size as I’ve seen some scrawny ones recently just out and about.   6 guns of varying ability, 30 picked up, 4 lost and Tony shot 8.  

good for you ?

you be getting a spaniel next then ?

yep wants you get into it Sian working a dog becomes more fun than pulling the trigger ?

I was shooting at a gun dog trial today, which was a first for me. Really enjoyed it, walked up in the woods. 

I’ve had a lovely day.  Travelled down to visit friends near Haverfordwest yesterday as Tony had been invited to shoot.   The weather was glorious and he enjoyed the day.   It’s a lovely place and the hospitality was superb.   I was a beater and really enjoyed it.  I took one of their “pet” dogs just because he really enjoys being out and between us we managed to flush out a pheasant that Mr Hoskins got.  Not a huge bag but the wind was not in our favour today but the birds taken were appreciated and sporting and I thought a good size as I’ve seen some scrawny ones recently just out and about.   6 guns of varying ability, 30 picked up, 4 lost and Tony shot 8.  
Sounds like a perfect day out!

Sounds like a perfect day out!
It really was.  I had been a little reticent about the day as I thought I might just be hanging around by Tony but the gamekeeper soon got me sorted and I loved it.   They live in a very beautiful place, property is stunning. Shootroom was lovely and we had pheasant stew for lunch, apple pie and custard and cheese & biscuits.  The drinks flowed for those that indulged and the port just kept coming.  A very generous host.

I was shooting at a gun dog trial today, which was a first for me. Really enjoyed it, walked up in the woods. 
i shot one in Sept, enjoyed the snap shooting

yep wants you get into it Sian working a dog becomes more fun than pulling the trigger ?
Two of the beaters never shoot as they prefer to work their dogs even on the beaters’ days.  They get three Fridays in January to shoot.

Back