ips and westley on the game

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the top pic he looks to be scavenging road kill
Nope, just 25 grams of 6 shot in a 20 bore  !

The cartridge bag in the middle photo is almost 100 years old. Made in pigskin by Payne Galway to hold 50 x 12 bore cartridges, it takes 75 x 20 bores nicely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grand day at my syndicate with me good pal Mr Westley..and he won the sweep 😁
Perhaps if he does that a few more times he'll have enough to buy a new cartridge bag and maybe something from the butcher so as to not have to resort to road kill   :taunt:

• Haha
Reactions: ips
Perhaps if he does that a few more times he'll have enough to buy a new cartridge bag and maybe something from the butcher so as to not have to resort to road kill   :taunt:
It may just lead to that.  We struggle to find vacant places on these driven days,  all of the vacancies are taken up quickly by er..............................AMERICANS    !      🙄 

all of the vacancies are taken up quickly by er..............................AMERICANS    !      🙄 
I can only say there's no excuse for that.  There are places in the U.S. like Kansas where deer are so plentiful that they are so often killed by cars that there is no restriction on citizens picking them up!  So those Yanks taking your spots and getting in on the road kill is just simply unwarranted and nothing less than rude.  and you can tell them I said so.

Ah, BUT, it is only here that they can experience true 'Driven Game' of birds released last June/July and not on the shoot day,  and that is what attracts. But you can rest assured that IF I should encounter any of your compatriots, your name will certainly come into the conversation.    😋

I hope that as you won the sweep, you did the honourable thing and bought a round ???

I hope that as you won the sweep, you did the honourable thing and bought a round ???
He offered and was most insistent but the guns refused it and told mr westley to treat his grandchildren with it, there a good bunch 👍

They certainly sound like a good bunch, and it was a perfect answer 👏

Reactions: ips
I plan to treat all 6 Grandkids at Christmas  !    I shall go shooting on Boxing Day and they only need put up with me for the evening then.  Works every year  !      😄

Now that’s not a bad idea, I wonder if I tried that with my wife what the consequences would be....

Ah, BUT, it is only here that they can experience true 'Driven Game' of birds released last June/July and not on the shoot day,  and that is what attracts. But you can rest assured that IF I should encounter any of your compatriots, your name will certainly come into the conversation.    😋
I can only imagine that they would wonder WTF you were taking about !?!?!?  🤔

I plan to treat all 6 Grandkids at Christmas  !    I shall go shooting on Boxing Day and they only need put up with me for the evening then.  Works every year  !      😄
That level of kindness and thoughtfulness is simply wonderful and there may not be many would would properly appreciate it !   :thumbsup:

Now that’s not a bad idea, I wonder if I tried that with my wife what the consequences would be....
IF she is anything like mine, I would stock up on 'pigs in blankets'  and 'stuffing balls'  you may just need em   !       🤔

Latest posts

Back