If you could only choose one lens tint?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidJ

I'm in the process of getting some Randolp Ranger glasses from Ed.

If you could only choose one lens tint for sporting what would it be and why? I realise this thread will probably take the route of a 'which choke' thread :)  

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi david i got some randolphs of ed 

i find the purple best but if i had a choice of 3 it would be purple ,orange hd , brown , 

you wont go wrong with ed 

i like the purple best because i find them  ,good on orange targets ,useable in all light conditions , and i seem to pick up targets quicker with them ( but you may be diffrent ) which model you go for ? 

I'm getting the XLW with a prescription insert so to start with I'm just going with one lens tint. Unfortunately the three lens deal is no longer.

I can obviously get more but right now I can only go with one as I also have to upgrade/downgrade my normal glasses to varifocals as I'm fed up of having to remove and replace them. It soon adds up.

I don't get to many grounds where orange clays are used so less worried about that for now.

I have done, just thought it would be interesting to see what people would choose if they could only use one tint. As you know there's to many to choose form and in the descriptions orange clays always seem to get a mention.

with them mentioning orange in most lense descriptions is because there obv american made an americans through mostly orange targets ..... Thatswhat ive been told anyway . Enjoy them 

Probably not far from being true. Which purple did you go with, light or dark?

I bought a pair of xlw's in the states in 2014, I also picked up five lens sets of popular colours.  The only colour I've used - dark purple!

very very very close to clear if it has to have a tint then with just a hint of red

I think if I had to rely on just one colour, then it would have to be light purple. But then again, I believe the orange tints can be effective too, having said that some of the brownish tints can be useful, but I have been told that for the bulk of the time yellow would be a better option and thinking back I can recall when Max Orange was still called Max Jaffa and remember seeing him live with Deep Purple as the backing group. I can not wait to try the new blue lenses that have started to appear but if pushed to shoot with just one lens colour, it would probably be clear !   and they say the fairer sex are unable to make decisions ?

I think if I had to rely on just one colour, then it would have to be light purple. But then again, I believe the orange tints can be effective too, having said that some of the brownish tints can be useful, but I have been told that for the bulk of the time yellow would be a better option and thinking back I can recall when Max Orange was still called Max Jaffa and remember seeing him live with Deep Purple as the backing group. I can not wait to try the new blue lenses that have started to appear but if pushed to shoot with just one lens colour, it would probably be clear !   and they say the fairer sex are unable to make decisions ?
I am unclear, what is your answer

That's pretty much how my brain is working trying to decide on one tint.  :wacko:

david

that's been my point, something else to think about which will prob end up the wrong choice anyway

I find the best tint is Rose,my scorecard always looks good through those.?

ah yes an excellent choice I had a pair of those the day I married the first Mrs nutjob. Wish I had clear ones on with hindsight.

Latest posts

Back