I feel the urge to shoot DTL again, am I mad

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think your probably right DT I dont know what came over me but it was an evil thing.

Excuse my complete ignorance but if DTL is evil what do you shoot?  Got to ask after all the fluffy rabbits on trap vs sporting.

If I were to learn trap which disipline would be best?

Thanks

Nothing wrong with dtl its just our humour. I shoot ot ut and abt but my roots are dtl. Its the best thing to start on as its easier but can for some become tedious due its lack of testing targets but it has its own difficulty and that is the need for big scores to win anything.

OK, thanks. Shot DTL 3 times now and had a PB of 21 yesterday so quite please really. Not tried the other trap disciplines yet.

That's a tidy start mate keep at it 25s come quick then once your 1st is under your belt your off the starting blocks.

I shot 25 at DTL once believe it or not.

After the third round, I added them all up, and Bingo!  25!!!  :sarcastic:

Hotshot100 kindley showed me the ropes and advised that i was slow seeing the ones thrown to the right when on stations 4 & 5.....I am almost single vision from my right eye so that will be an issue but practice will help - i hope.

I am off to shoot DTL on Sunday at Bisley :wink:

Update

normal service has been resumed. Went to my local none reg ground and shot 2x10 bird dtl pool, after five targets i was losing the will to live. Tedious does not begin to describe it so i then got my sanity back with 4x10 abt. Phew i am glad i got it out of my system with a pool shoot as i don't think i would have survived a 100 reg comp.

Update

normal service has been resumed. Went to my local none reg ground and shot 2x10 bird dtl pool, after five targets i was losing the will to live. Tedious does not begin to describe it so i then got my sanity back with 4x10 abt. Phew i am glad i got it out of my system with a pool shoot as i don't think i would have survived a 100 reg comp.
That just leaves the Sporting to get you hooked on then  :codemafia:

Yes mate and it cannot be any more tedious than dtl. Looking fwd to it, caravan site booked, wellies and cammo gear at the ready, paul 120 is lending me an auto so were good to go :)

Sorry mate, took me a minute to get up off the floor then........... Auto? what on earth for?

Last edited by a moderator:
Only joking pal you can get up now, me shoot an auto I jolly well think not :)

Pheeeewwww.

Had me worried there mate.

just.......get.......my............medication............aaaaahhhh  :crazy:    that's better

As you were....

Yes mate and it cannot be any more tedious than dtl. Looking fwd to it, caravan site booked, wellies and cammo gear at the ready, paul 120 is lending me an auto so were good to go :)
Now you really have lost the plot Ian!!!!!! Last week it was high rib DTL guns......this week its wellies and cammo gear....are you having some sort of mid life crisis or what?  Have you changed your medication, or maybe your brand of cigars or single malt? :laugh:

One must keep up Les :)

DTL itch is now itched

High rib thingie is still a poss for a winter trial

Nope same scotch / cigars

PS

I had my mid life crisis at 40, I am over it now :)

PS

I had my mid life crisis at 40, I am over it now :)
Me toooooo.....did you tour with a rock band tooooo?? :wink:

I knew I was over it when I got bored and flew myself back to Blighty between Christmas and new year....and left them all to it. The 4th Hotel was not up to my standards.... :laugh:

Thank god for independent 'chicks with cards'.....

Ah hahahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaa

Brings a smile to my face remembering it...!!

Me toooooo.....did you tour with a rock band tooooo?? :wink:

I knew I was over it when I got bored and flew myself back to Blighty between Christmas and new year....and left them all to it. The 4th Hotel was not up to my standards.... :laugh:

Thank god for independent 'chicks with cards'.....

Ah hahahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaa

Brings a smile to my face remembering it...!!
Your a wild one tinker :)

Back