How many cartridges has your gun fired?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 4500 since May last year... but none today which pisses me off because it has lashed down today when the shooting ground is open and yesterday it was wall to wall sunshine when... you've got it the ground is closed!

About 8200 since August 2011.  Like Clever I also keep a diary/record of what shooting I've done, where, how much, scores and what cartridges I've purchased, where and for how much.  If only to see how badly I'm doing.  Still roll on Saturday for my second Sportrap competition.

I actually count mine and keep record. Probably the only shooter to do so.. But goes back to old habits from running race cars. Total mileage record on every component.
I also keep a note, as I had a brand new gun I thought it would be good to record the cartridges through it - 5,710 so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
I normally average about 200 a week so over 12 years my gold e has shot 125,000 with no problems at all

I don't think my new 692 will be as good

Mine has shot about 20k in about 20 months and yesterday it got wet and i think it needs a clean. Is it time to buy a New one ?

Not my gun, but a good mate (sadly not with us anymore) had a 28 inch Miroku skeet gun which was the "club gun" at our local shoot. I do not know how many shells it had through it, but over the years it must have been hundreds of thousands. To my knowledge it never broke down, neither did it shoot itself loose. I would like to have bought it at it's owners death, but alas it was sold before I could put in an offer. The old Mirooks were a brilliant bit of kit.

Phil*

Mine as well, it's easier to count the hits - the numbers less!!

My 2 trap guns have gone through about 50,000 rounds between them over the years. I had the trigger rebuilt once on my Ljutic 73 single barrel and the locking block replaced on my Superposed ST-100 last year.

I have a 1926 Army and Navy S/S that was my fathers, wouldn't mind a pound for every cartridge that had through it!! Still works well and feels nice and tight when you close it, I'm thinking of having it restocked as he was a left handed shooter, I think it has too much cast to have it altered

Not my gun, but a good mate (sadly not with us anymore) had a 28 inch Miroku skeet gun which was the "club gun" at our local shoot. I do not know how many shells it had through it, but over the years it must have been hundreds of thousands. To my knowledge it never broke down, neither did it shoot itself loose. I would like to have bought it at it's owners death, but alas it was sold before I could put in an offer. The old Mirooks were a brilliant bit of kit.

Phil*
Isn't it Coleys that have one used for lessons and they recon close to 1 million carts (Miroku)? Saw an interview with a skeet shooter who shoots 60-80k a year Rory Warlow i think before 2012 keep the same gun for 4 years likely for Olympic cycle that 250k+

Guns are mechanical tools and basically if you do not service your gun regularly it will fail, if you do not keep it cleaned and oiled it will fail, your gun is no different to your car loads mechanical parts under extreme use !! If you never changed ur car oil service etc it's life is dramatically reduced !! Simples, spend 20 mins cleaning when you get home at it will last years, I've seen friends guns fail time & time again due to not looking after them, a good friends perazzi at a game day was taken out the slip and where he never dried it after a shoot the thing was as rusty as a old nail ! And the mechanism was in a right state even spraying maintenance lube it didn't work, the poor chap then couldn't shoot the day until he was lent a gun !!!! in English total cock !!! Maintain ur weapon and it will serve you well ....

Latest posts

Back