Horne CPC 1st May

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sibaldib

Turned up to Horne this morning on my own, as all my shooting buddies weren't allowed out to play two days running.

Just got a new gun (2nd hand DT11) and it is so different from my 682 Gold E that I've been shooting the last couple of years. First proper outing today and I need to get used to the weight compared to the 682.

Will Hewland was shooting and I introduced myself to him, after he had shot a stand. He was very helpful when I explained my gun situation and gave me some advice about gun hold points with the DT11, which stood me in good stead for the rest of the round. He also stood behind me on a later stand and gave me some encouragement.

So just a thank you to Will for being helpful and taking the time to help out a fellow shooter.

Cheers mate.

I think I may have had a chat with you at a couple of points on the way round.  Glad you were getting on OK with the DT11.

Sorry that I didn't realise you were a forum member. Hope you shot well?

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk
Nice to meet you today. Bebo was in front of us both on one stand, I should have done the intro..

Turned up to Horne this morning on my own, as all my shooting buddies weren't allowed out to play two days running.

Just got a new gun (2nd hand DT11) and it is so different from my 682 Gold E that I've been shooting the last couple of years. First proper outing today and I need to get used to the weight compared to the 682.

Will Hewland was shooting and I introduced myself to him, after he had shot a stand. He was very helpful when I explained my gun situation and gave me some advice about gun hold points with the DT11, which stood me in good stead for the rest of the round. He also stood behind me on a later stand and gave me some encouragement.

So just a thank you to Will for being helpful and taking the time to help out a fellow shooter.

Cheers mate.
Keep us up to date on your progress .just made the same swap myself.

Just above my current average so I can't really complain (even though I know I let a few get away that I shouldn't have done).

How'd you go with the DT11?

I need to learn to start my hold points further out than with the 682, even though the barrels are the same length. I tend to shoot swing through on most targets so, as Will pointed out to me, I do not want to get the DT11 going too fast as it will never stop! In fact, whereas I know I would normally miss in front, I was missing behind as I was trying hard to slow the gun down. Something no doubt I will get used to.

I have to say the lack of perceived recoil helps on the second shot.

I had an absolute mare on the last stand I shot (stand 2) and only scored 1, aagh.......

Still ended up on what I would have expected with the 682, so not all bad.

I think my worst meltdown was in the middle.  Massively overlead the quartering looper and probably was in front on the slow floaty incomer (I hate those targets, too much time makes me overthink them) for a 3.

Any new gun takes a while to get used to so sounds like a good morning out to start with it.

Hi Bebo.

I think i've just realised who you are (I'm a bit slow). 

I think you shot in front of me on stands 7 and 8 and very kindly let me have a play with your Krieghoff.

Hopefully I'll recognise you next time out.

I shall look out for you, but I'm crap at remembering faces.

If you fancy trying the parcours at a non-reg shoot somtime let me know.

Ive gone from a 28" 682 (original not gold or gold e) to a 30" 692 and now have a 32" DT11 since Xmas (custom stock via a trip to Beretta in Italy - a 40th birthday present to myself).

Is your DT11 an older one as they were quite a lot heavier than the newer versions?

I shoot at Horne fairly regularly although not done a registered for a while and wont be for the next 4 weekends due to other commitments and holidays. But look out for me. Mine is a lefty with flush chokes and a nice bit of timber on it.

Ive gone from a 28" 682 (original not gold or gold e) to a 30" 692 and now have a 32" DT11 since Xmas (custom stock via a trip to Beretta in Italy - a 40th birthday present to myself).

Is your DT11 an older one as they were quite a lot heavier than the newer versions?

I shoot at Horne fairly regularly although not done a registered for a while and wont be for the next 4 weekends due to other commitments and holidays. But look out for me. Mine is a lefty with flush chokes and a nice bit of timber on it.
Yes it is one of the earlier ones. I wouldn't want to take it game shooting but for clays the weight doesn't bother me. 

Latest posts

Back