HONESBERIE SHOOTING

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we had alot come back to westfield that said they didnt finish ?????
I don't know why they didn't Finnish what a waste of money?

There were some good targets but some repetitive stuff, it's good that it's a new (reborn) shoot should give good service once it gets established

www.proshock.co.uk

we had alot come back to westfield that said they didnt finish ?????
We went to stand 1 and there was a big crowd. So we went to stand 3 to start and did the whole course in one hour 15. And yes, it was good practice for long lead on a fair few targets..

I'm inexperienced with these Registered shoots, but I thought it was ok.  Considering the terrain, there wash not much more you could do with the targets really.  Watched some well regarded guys struggle on a couple of stands too, which I always like!  I started at 11:00 -ish and was done in just over an hour. Some of the trappers could have done a better job though.  perhaps, like me, they just lack experience.

I shot this yesterday with the Barkers. Good testing targets and like Will said a fair few that were similar in that they needed a fair amount of forward allowance and also in the fact that the presentations weren't overly diverse. I enjoyed the shoot, but couldn't do it justice mainly due to a late one on a stag do in Brighton. Like JB I'd go back but have other shoots that I wouldn't miss because of it.

Btw, no issues with refs or trap breakdowns when we shot.

I thought this was a good first effort. I arrived at 12ish and shot round in around an hour, though there did seem to be some bigger groups clogging up some stands, there were plenty of empty ones. I thought the targets were pretty well balanced with most of the standard presentation variations used; reffing was fine (certainly better than some I see).

Car park no problem for me, but it certainly couid get interesting for some with a couple of days of rain! Thought that it was quite breezy on a day that was predominately still elsewhere, so might get a little lively when the wind does blow!

Overall great to see a new reg ground and well done for a more than capable first effort!

I thought this was a good first effort. I arrived at 12ish and shot round in around an hour, though there did seem to be some bigger groups clogging up some stands, there were plenty of empty ones. I thought the targets were pretty well balanced with most of the standard presentation variations used; reffing was fine (certainly better than some I see).

Car park no problem for me, but it certainly couid get interesting for some with a couple of days of rain! Thought that it was quite breezy on a day that was predominately still elsewhere, so might get a little lively when the wind does blow!

Overall great to see a new reg ground and well done for a more than capable first effort!
Certainly not their first effort. They used to run shoots here about two years ago and before that they were regular at their main ground down the road. Yes, I was surprised by the wind there, which must show up because its so flat and open. Not a bad effort and no ref issues at all, but I think they need to move away from the uninspiring open area and use more of the wooded part if possible (which is how I remember it from a few years back).

I had a crash and burn ! don't think I managed to crack 50! my own fault for banging on about 40foot leads,, and not taking my own advice. lack of shooting not helping much either.

my opinion of the shoot itself, it was ok. all shootable targets. but a bit bland, specially the open field stands.

(but that seems to be common to a few grounds that I have seen so far? no character in a field.)

I watched a bloke get upset with a young ref, and this is the "experience" that I was talking about.  Pleased that she got over over it and that no body else had any issues. I'll be back there in 2 weeks. 

all shootable targets. but a bit bland, specially the open field stands.

(but that seems to be common to a few grounds that I have seen so far? no character in a field.)
Get to EJ Churchill, as everything is in a tree clearing or banked area. Traps are often not on the floor, but on a tower or bank. Then get to Weston Wood for interesting cutting and woodland. Westfield tops it off with rolling hills and dug outs. Maybe this is why I feel disappointed with just fields..

Last edited by a moderator:
Clever,, I have shot at Churchills,, found it to be a lovely ground,, easy walk too!  and have shot at bisley's  Siberia grounds. also top notch!  southdown is also nice, altho' a lot of stands also sit up/down a grassy slope. I do realize that you can't have everthing tho',,and am not a having a moan about Honesberie,, I think maybe the field' stands were a  bit sameish, in the fast l/r to r/l edgy targets,, but they have the land and scope to make it a great shoot. pity I live 150 miles away.

Yes, to be clear, Honesberie has stuff going for it for sure. Use fewer field stands (or be a bit more imaginitive with them) and it would be great. I would be there regularly if I lived near, which I don't.

I thought Ben did 95? Would be great to see scores

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I believe than Ben H did about 87.  But Arnie Palmer and Phil Grey (no idea who they actually are or how to spell their names) both shot 95. 

Phil grey shot with Ben then went on to Northampton I think he done 99!!!!! Saw something on Ben Facebook about it

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back