HONESBERIE SHOOTING

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dead Eye

Hi I saw on the CPSA fixtures that Honesberie is having a registered shoot Sunday. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there has been one for a couple of years.

I have never shot shot there and wondered what it was like. Any reviews? 

It will not be held at the Honesberie ground that they do corporate days at now (and used to hold reg shoots at 5+ years ago). They don't have Sunday planning I believe, or noise issues. So it will be at another ground, not far from Banbury, that they used about 2 years ago. I went to a couple there and it was good. I plan to go this Sunday.

Details of the registered ground on their website I believe.. Or facebook page..

Last edited by a moderator:
It will not be held at the Honesberie ground that they do corporate days at now (and used to hold reg shoots at 5+ years ago). They don't have Sunday planning I believe, or noise issues. So it will be at another ground, not far from Banbury, that they used about 2 years ago. I went to a couple there and it was good. I plan to go this Sunday.

Details of the registered ground on their website I believe.. Or facebook page..
Clever,

I was thinking of combining this shoot and Westfield as it is about 42 miles apart.  I just want to know if I need both plastic and fibre that day or do they accept plastic at the farm Honesberie use?  Thank you.

Sian Honesberie is plastic too. It will take you about 1 hour 15 mins between the two shoots, It's really local to me, will be nice not to have to travel too far!

Hornsberie is on the calendar for me on Sunday. 12 stands, no wad restrictions; sounds good to me.

Bishops itchington? Thanks clever not far from me I'll think it would be rude not to go and have a bash

www.proshock.co.uk

My wedding anniversary on the 1st June. I wonder if my wife wants to accompany me and carry my bag? Nice way to spend the day together....

for info,  I spoke to the Lady at Honesberie  today,, they will prefer cash on sunday, as no card facility available.

if you see an old bloke with a Valley GC badge,, say hello!

Anyone else shoot this today? And what did you think?

www.proshock.co.uk

Mosly cut and pasted from other thread..

Did honesberie. I could feel before I started that I wasn't going to set the world on fire today; but I do feel that this was an uninspiring course. Not easy, so worth shooting, but I was getting pretty bored with 'one edge on from the left/ one from the right..' Mostly the terrain was just flat fields too. I'm sure they used different bits of land last time..

If I had not had a particularly poor time on the teal stand and had read the board to see that a dolly up was a midi (so needed no lead below) I would have hit my average. I felt rusty all day. So it was set well in terms of difficulty, although on the acceptably firm side. Some good stands, but 6 or so were too similar..

Lovely weather!

Was ok.
Started on one was eight away to six including 12 onto the corner and fell down abit really.
Ending on 72.
Enjoyed the stands.
Struggled on midi l/r and battue stand 9 I think.
Would I go again?
Yes if it worked timing wise but wouldn't miss a Westfield for it.

What class are you now jem? I went around in 65 but felt I should have done an 75 at least had two break downs on stands near miss with a lad on a quad and just felt rushed? We were probably first round and done by half eleven

Will be going again but when nicks had a chance to make it a bit slicker. Oh and would never have got off that field in my car had it been wet.

www.proshock.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
B class?
I thought there was plenty of variation.
Close pair
Driven
Rabbits
Long midis
Battues
Good gaps needed.

Latest posts

Back