Holding points - Remington way

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phil, give him a week and we will be seeing pictures of his newly acquired single tube ladder rib! ?
Will it be a Beretta and what about the choke, can't be a multi. Then there's the setting up the POI. It could go on for months???

Will it be a Beretta and what about the choke, can't be a multi. Then there's the setting up the POI. It could go on for months???
Agree with that Phil. I bet he's surfing the net right now....ips does single barrel research! ?

a_space_gun.jpg

Right then after extensive research (not) an 'unsingle' appears to be a single barrel fitted to an over/under action utilising the bottom barrel position, hence the 'un' for 'under' barrel.  A single barrel in the over position is called a 'Top-single'.

Simples

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
Right then after extensive research (not) an 'unsingle' appears to a single barrel fitted to an over/under action utilising the bottom barrel position, hence the 'un' for 'under' barrel.  A single barrel in the over position is called a 'Top-single'.

Simples

DT
Right then Greg...so...will we soon be seeing....."ips does unsigles" or "ips does top singles"? He's gone very quiet, so expect a lengthy post very soon.?

Back from the range - tried it myself - doesn't work for me - anything away from the trap house is just "weird"...now carry on :smile:

away in caravan hence quiet but will reply in depth later ?

Back from the range - tried it myself - doesn't work for me - anything away from the trap house is just "weird"...now carry on :smile:
yes its strange at first and focus point is critical as is timing

Very successful ATA'ers hold a near level gun and the idea if for the target to come to you rather than you to it.  The narrow target field then requires minimal gun movement.  Trick shooting at its best rivaled only by skeet.

Back in the day when I was an ATA'er, unsingles were trendy indeed and I had a 682 that was just fine.  That was before the target field was narrowed to make the sport safe for children and the perfect scores were slightly less common.  I just a couple weeks ago finally decided I no linger need an unsingle barrel for the one Mirage and flipped it.

but I truly have no desire to get started on this so no more for me since it borders on the em bare assing.

Back