Hicknaham Farm

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GavB

Just a quick few comments on the Grand Prix at Hicknaham Farm over the weekend.

I arrived on the Friday night to collect my squad number and it was lashing down, luckily we only had a few showers the following day and the Sunday it was dry.

Although the grounds in places resembled a muddy Glastonbury there were no delays in gettiing to the different layouts. The whole shoot ran smoothly. In fact we only had to wait twice at certain pegs for more than one squad to finish before our turn.

There were four layouts and four pegs on each. Promatic,Gamebore,CCI and George Digweed Champagne. Each peg the shooter had to shoot the singles and doubles on their turn, also the type of clay was not listed on the menu and the ref was not allowed to tell you what type.

The opinion amongst our squad was that the targets were very good and each one had to be worked for with some very tricky doubles. I thought they were great and I finished both days mentaly cream crackered. To say I was out of my comfort zone on some pegs is a bit of an understatement.

There was a really good vibe over the whole weekend even in the wet, and nice to see some familiar faces and catch up with past squad members, I caught up with Matt and John on the Sunday who also being local popped over to have look at the final results.

I was in a very experienced squad, who were a good laugh and who gave plenty of much needed advice in between pegs. So a big thankyou to them.

As for results I know that John Bidwell won the event and there was a shootoff for the other places between Mark Winser I think, Matt Hance and George Digweed and the Junior shoot off between Phil Gray and Jake Moore. Phil won the Junior shoot off and I think Mark won the the other. The targets were very tricky particularly a long right to left crosser that a few missed. By this time it was getting late. There seemed to be a long delay before the shoot off, which according to some around me is quite normal but I thought a bit of a shame as had it run sooner there would of been plenty more people around to appreciate the winners. I left around 8 oclock as I had to be somewhere else and the winners were not yet on the podium.

Overall a very well run event and I witnessed some top quality shooting at very demanding targtes. Cant wait for the next one. :)

Anyone know where/when the results will be published.

Results are on my site. I heard there was a speach made by FITASC about grounds having to pay them a levy just to hold a "FITASC" shoot. Can't we just start our own and call it SPORTASC.

Nope ...it is a protected trade mark and discipline. Owned by Paris.

There is a good bit on it on Fieldssport channel about half way through the programme.

http://www.youtube.com/user/fieldsportschannel

Great for all involved don't know what will happen with the recent resignation of Hugh Smith though just saw that on the BICTSF website after looking for the results.

Hugh was always heavily involved in the Fitasc Sporting side.

BICTSF Website =

''BICTSF Chair - it is with regret that Hugh Smith has stepped down as Chairman for personal reasons. He currently remains the GB Technical Commission Representative for FITASC Sporting and FITASC Compak Sporting''

Glen.

Latest posts

Back