Helice\ZZ A1 Shooting Ground - 7th April 2012

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonSkeet2

Matt and I headed up to the A1 SG for the registered Helice and Berkshire County Championship.

On arrival we went and booked on and purchased some practice tokens then grabbed a coffee, the staff were very friendly and the coffee first class, think Tattinger vs Asti Spumante ;)

The weather was coolish and overcast but at least it stayed dry :)

We met up with Nicola, Michael and Alain and then took a walk down to the ZZ range to have a practice.

I had never shot Helice\ZZ before so wasn't quite sure what the score would be and how things worked so just hung back and observed; after a few minutes I grabbed my gun and the Fiocchi SAMfour cartridges and joined the practice line, handed over a couple of my practice tokens. A minute or so later I was on the pad to face my first Helice targets, first bird out bang, bang complete miss and hit the second with the second shot. Then shot another practice pair, mullered the first and then hit the second but the centre fell outside the boundary so it wasn't scored as a hit.

At 11am the squads were announced, one of 6 and another of 7 to shoot 2 pairs x3 on rotation.

Claudio briefed everyone on the format and welcomed the first time Helice shooters and then the shoot began. As we were all on squad 2 we wandered back to the club house for another excellent coffee and then back to the range.

Our squad was then called and we then started the competition for real, it was quite daunting as there were several GBR team shooters participating, I didn't really have an idea of my hold point, whether to shoot with one eye or two but throughout the course of the shoot I was given a few helpful tips and by my last 3 targets I sort of had a bit of an idea what to do.

I really really enjoyed the day, the ground, the company, the coffee and Helice\ZZ.

I shot 11ex15 in the comp, that would have been 12 if the centre of the bird I hit twice had separated but that's life ;) Overall I would reckon I first barrelled over 80% of what I hit.

I will definitely be heading back in a couple of weeks for the Greater London Championship :)

Jon.

Glad you liked it Jon. You shot well. Matt had some brilliant kills.

Glad you liked it Jon. You shot well. Matt had some brilliant kills.
Congratulations on taking the Bershire County title!!! Well shot.

I have to say I really had a fantastic day with friends and made some new ones :)

Jon.

Back