gureni

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The simple way to buy one is direct from AngloItalian, but I'm not convinced they do much for recoil. You can fiddle with the weight though if you want to adjust balance but there are cheaper ways of doing that.

I don't think they sell many of them and I have seen them pop up occasionally for for sale used too, so it looks like people don't find much benefit with what is already a fairly soft shooting gun. 

I shot with one on a borrowed shot gun which was the same as my own gun but with the reducer added.  I have no idea if it was set up right but I didn’t notice any difference in felt recoil over my own gun however I didn’t like the sound/sensation of shooting with it, it felt and sounded like shooting an odd semi auto / cheap rattly gun.

I think they may have had it set too loose on the spring tension, had one when I had a CG and didn't think it made any difference to the recoil, but then I only used it to balance the gun not for recoil reduction purposes

anyone use or used the gureni kinetic / recoil reducer , do they work , what are they and where's best to buy one ? 
The effect would be minimal.

They are relatively small weights, so will only counteract a small portion of recoil.

As BH said, a good gunfit is preferable, bit it doesn't change physics, just makes it more tolerable.

If you want true recoil reduction, then you need something that will convert the recoil into something else and dissipate it.

The ultimate is a PFS stock, but as this uses what is essentially a spring, you get a slow bounce back.

I have a full ISIS2 on one of my guns and it is very good. Because it has an oil filled shock absorber in it, it converts the recoil to heat, so has no bounce.

So what are you looking to achieve?

i now have a balancer but need to know the correct way of fitting it for maximum comfort !!
Hi, Make sure when you compress the springs between the locking collars and the weights the gaps should measure 1/2inch, the most effective position for recoil is with the weights on the shaft away from the rear of the stock.

i contacted caesar gureni uk asking for advice how to use the dts balancer for reducing recoil and balancing shotgun , no advice as of yet !! i imagine the effects will be tiny but would like a answer

Had one and couldn't say they helped with recoil but they helped to balance the gun to my requirements
Don't know why people say it needs to balance on the pin, for me it was getting the balance between my hands that I wanted

anyone use or used the gureni kinetic / recoil reducer , do they work , what are they and where's best to buy one ?
You will forever be fiddling with it and won't ever be happy with how the gun feels. Invest the money in getting the gun fitted correctly. Ben Husthwaite or The Gun Fit Company would be my recommendation.

i contacted caesar gureni uk asking for advice how to use the dts balancer for reducing recoil and balancing shotgun , no advice as of yet !! i imagine the effects will be tiny but would like a answer
Did they ever get back to you and have you fitted it yet? Curious to know as I have put one into my new Invictus and from a balance point it’s made it much nicer to shoot. Not too sure about any recoil effects apart from the noise it makes in my lug hole.

Did they ever get back to you and have you fitted it yet? Curious to know as I have put one into my new Invictus and from a balance point it’s made it much nicer to shoot. Not too sure about any recoil effects apart from the noise it makes in my lug hole.
it made no difference to recoil , i bought two titanium long flush fitting chokes and that made the balance so much better for me !! so mines for sale .

I got one for my 32" CG but sold the gun before trying it, for a 30". I like the balance of the 30" so I'll leave it alone. I'll put it up for sale when I can be bothered.

Back