Gun Thefts in Lincolnshire

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilS

Two members of Lincolnshire CID asked me today if I could post a note on the site to ask all to be aware that there seems to be a spate of gun thefts from houses in the Lincolnshire area, particularly West Lindsey at the moment but all over generally.

They have asked that people keep there eyes & ears open for guns being offered for sale in other than a legitimate manner & source - no documents etc. and also to be aware of their own security.

Good post Phil. Do you want me to lock it or are you happy to let members post on it?

One question, if the guns are in the cabinet how are the thieves getting hold of them? I was told by our firearms bloke, that even my missus wasn't supposed to know where the cabinet keys were kept. Or were they taking the whole cabinet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good post although I rather doubt contributors to this site are likely to associate with those that sell guns illegally. You may be better posting in facebook or twitter.

One question, if the guns are in the cabinet how are the thieves getting hold of them? I was told by our firearms bloke, that even my missus wasn't supposed to know where the cabinet keys were kept. Or were they taking the whole cabinet?
The cabinets are being rived open and the contents taken.

Any info you feel may be useful to DC David Haddock at Gainsborough CID.

Good post Phil. Do you want me to lock it or are you happy to let members post on it?
Let folks post on it.

The more discussion around this the more likely someone hears something somewhere along the lines of the "wanna buy a gun mate" scenario and may just remember this thread and report it.

A cabinet is designed to "deter" a thief.  To get in one requires making lots of noise, possibly for a while (in thieving terms), which most burglars won't want to do...that does not mean they are impervious, only resistant...mostly.

A cabinet is designed to "deter" a thief.  To get in one requires making lots of noise, possibly for a while (in thieving terms), which most burglars won't want to do...that does not mean they are impervious, only resistant...mostly.
Yep, the bank on the estate where I work got done a while ago. They broke in and took an angle grinder to the back of the cash machine. Somehow they managed to avoid setting the burglar alarm off but scarpered after setting the fire alarm off with the grinding smoke.

I could probably get into my cabinet within half hour with a decent diamond cutting wheel, but the average thief isnt going to carry a grinder around and isnt likely to hang around that long with that much noise, plus they have to find my cabinet first!

This thread is Floundering now..... :spiteful:
Well I have just rang D.C Haddock and said about the gun thefts I have been herring about and he thinks they may just be opper tuna tist and that he is hot on their eels but would let minnow if anymore occur. :nyam:   

Well I have just rang D.C Haddock and said about the gun thefts I have been herring about and he thinks they may just be opper tuna tist and that he is hot on their eels but would let minnow if anymore occur. :nyam:
I didnt know you were French!...

Shell we all stop the puns now? ...before D C Haddock starts sending some Mussle around !...besides... its all a load of Pollocks anyway! :.:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back