Gun safety at charity shoots

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting so:

Triple Barrel cover

BASC

CA

CPSA

home insurance 

results in 5 times the public liability cover component even if you ensure that you do not have double coverage on the optional elements 

Also at Eriswell there were two guys carrying closed ou horizontally, both with team skeet vests on so should know better, they weren't happy when I raised my concerns with them and the shop couldn't care less when I told them, won't be going back there...
I'm sorry that you had this experience, we take safety very seriously here, and I would like to know more about who it is you spoke to regarding this please. All my staff bar 2 (catering staff) are shooters with certificates, have all had appropriate training on gun safety (four of us are CPSA Safety offices too), and as such will always intervene with any safety issues seen or reported on the ground as a matter of course. We do not have a shop here, so I am assuming it was on the reception desk in the main clubhouse?

Please feel free to contact me directly on the club number to talk about this - 01638 534045 - and hopefully it can be prevented from happening again.

Stuart

I'm sorry that you had this experience, we take safety very seriously here, and I would like to know more about who it is you spoke to regarding this please. All my staff bar 2 (catering staff) are shooters with certificates, have all had appropriate training on gun safety (four of us are CPSA Safety offices too), and as such will always intervene with any safety issues seen or reported on the ground as a matter of course. We do not have a shop here, so I am assuming it was on the reception desk in the main clubhouse?

Please feel free to contact me directly on the club number to talk about this - 01638 534045 - and hopefully it can be prevented from happening again.

Stuart
Hi Stuart, thanks for responding, good on you. This was a while ago, not long after you reopened in fact and ŷes for 'shop' read reception/cafe area.  I mentioned it to a young blonde lady who maybe didn't get what I was on about but didn't seem worried or interested.  Having thought about it, it was the day that Fieldsports Britain or similar were filming and you had Hares running around everywhere, I think it may have been a Thursday afternoon, sorry I can't be of more help.  The guys in team vests were wearing purple/red vests but I didn't catch the name, I think it was yellow writing ( sounds lovely doesn't it).

You are in a difficult position to stop this happening, maybe some safety signs, although you should really need to. Also I would guess on a normal day there may be more staff around, I think a few were running around attending to the film crew.  I'm glad you are taking safety seriously and also responding to concerns.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back