Gun fitting by a measuring tape for an Urika 391

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AW13

I have a Miroku MK60 which fits me very well and fairly recently I bought a Beretta 391 Urika semi for really wet weather, skeet and a bit of a change. The 391 shoots very well but I am aware that I have to make myself fit to the gun so I thought I would do a bit of self bespoke fitting to the 391.

The MK60 has a LOP of 14.5 inches and a drop of 65mm

The 391 has a LOP of 14.25 inches and a drop of 60mm.

As an experiment I have ordered the spacers to increase the drop to 65mm on the 391 which will cost about 8euro.  Hopefully it will make the difference I am looking for as I keep seeing too much rib at present.  I need to strip the gun anyway as I want to change the action spring and mag spring as part of the major service for the gun. With regards to the missing 0.25 inch LOP I will see what difference the spacers make before I tackle that issue if necessary.

It will be interesting to see if it works.

Well, I wouldn't be too hung up with a particular LOP because they can vary slightly from gun to gun depending on stock dimensions, trigger placement...etc .  It's simply not the same gun.  You're going to want about a 2 finger space between the tip of your nose and the first joint in your gripping thumb for your LOP.  The shims can get you in the ball park in regards to cast and drop, but if you really want it to fit, get an adjustable comb and butt plate (this would also be a good time to set your pitch up, this is very important).  This way you can really dial that gun in so that it's shooting where you are looking and you can forget all about the beads. 

http://www.tronspace.com/Pages/default.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
tron is right lop or any other measurements are to a degree irrelevant as each gun is different.

I have fitted a standard Beretta gel pad to my 391 field model and this gives a LOP of 14 1/2", the same as my Miroku MK10. Try Matt at Doveridge for a used gel pad, just get the correct one though. (sporter, field etc). Just another piece of useless information, the 'field' gel pad for the 391 fits straight onto the 303 sporter stock.

You can also get the thicker black rubber pad that should have been with the gun, very handy if you fancy a go at trap shooting !

Last edited by a moderator:
All dispatched from Beretta.  I think it will be the drop that will make the difference, i'm not really worried about a 1/4 inch LOP especially as winder and thinker clothes will be used. Thankfully I don't ever suffer from recoil issues

All dispatched from Beretta.  I think it will be the drop that will make the difference, i'm not really worried about a 1/4 inch LOP especially as winder and thinker clothes will be used. Thankfully I don't ever suffer from recoil issues
The gel pad is not because of recoil issues, it aids smoother gun mounting. The standard black rubber pads have more grip than a set of Michelins !

Amazing service from Beretta, my order arrived from Italy this morning, 36 hrs after ordering and at standard post rate.

I put the shims on tonight and where I was looking down on the rib the extra 5mm has made all the difference I know look along the rib, the same view as the MK60.  I will shoot it at the weekend and see what happens :)

Back