Guerini not at gamefair

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing I go to these days is our local agricutural show, which is held in the fields behind my house. I will admit to being a member of the agricultural society, this means that I get a silly little badge that gets me into members enclosure! Some of the benefits of the members enclosure are as follows;

1) A seat at the edge of the main show ring

2) A members only restaurant

3) A members only bar

4) Members only toilets

As the show is always held in August, the whole area is swarming with holidaymakers, as a member I do not have to queue up for food, drink or toilets, behind hoards of people with all the apparent dress sense of the back end of a pantomime horse, who are often often accompanied by a gang of screaming snotty nosed, badly behaved kids!!!  

Anyway, rant over!!!!  :spiteful:

My God Les, how getting that 'K' thing has changed you !
Why? Wos up Wes, what did I say? I'm still the same ignorant, outspoken git I was before, well Ian says I am, so it must be true!!!!

I went to last years CLA. On the plus side I bought my 2nd hand Kemen from a gun dealer in Yorkshire that I would only have come across at the CLA. I could handle the gun, the dealer adjusted the stock for me and let me shoot it and I was very happy to buy it there and then.
However I never enjoy the clay line at the CLA and it's rarely any better at the other game fairs. It's not always easy to be united with any prize that you win. I've won cartridges before that I was supposed to collect from High Lodge. Not worth the diesel to drive there to get them. Last year we asked to be directed to the nearest car park to the clay line and got sent in the opposite direction and had to walk over a mile carrying guns and cartridges to get to shoot.
I do enjoy the food stands though and always end up buying clothing from some stall or another
I tend to go to one of the Countryman fairs as I like qualifying for the shoot at the Midland Game fair. I like the format of that. But that's another lot that don't make it easy to collect your prizes

Only Game Fair I go to is Drumlanrig, if it was more than 15mins away I probably wouldn't bother. Might have a go at the clays this year, quite fancy the starburst thingy if its there. Might enter Lily in the scurry.

A lot of pursuits are suffering the same decline.

The London international Boat show used to be about a few bargains and perhaps an opportunity to get a deal on a boat.

Not any more. Even the Southampton Boat Show is only holding its own at the moment.

Charging people the cost of a decent meal to fight traffic, parking and cattle conditions to go and look at advertising and be charged £2 for a coke, £4 for a curled up sandwich, £5 for a pint or £10 for a hamburger is a killer. I've not been to a boat, car, gun, aircraft or any other show in years.
There were no queues to get in or out on Friday or Saturday using the road from the A34, at least when I went in and out. (about 10.30 & 7.45)

Was very disappointed to here Anglo Italia decided to pull out last minute well that was what I was told by another dealer on gun makers row .

For me it's very poor when guerini keep bringing out new guns yet fail to support big venues to view them
I emailed Anglo Italian Arms twice, phoned them up asking if any shop near my location could let me see a RF1 left hand O/U. They never mailed me back. This gun is nearly £5000 I would expect to see one at the game fair.

Lousy company.

Went to game fair on the Sat. Car parks half full. No traffic.

Paid £50 to get in walked 100yds spent another £22 on food that's £72 before we even looked around.

Very quite on Sat. No Kreighoff there.

Show gets smaller every time we go. So the prices keep going up.

If you want to see an RF1 lefty then go and see Richard Faulds and have a look at his. Then whilst there you could have a go at shooting his ground. Job done. Hope this helps in some way.

I quite enjoy going to the game fair about every 5 years because I forget how much of a ' same old same old ' it really is. The internet has removed the need to attend shows if information gathering is the reason for going and affects a great many exhibitions around the UK and elsewhere.

Phil

Back