Got wood?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdLyons

So, Mr Ricardo has sent a portfolio of stock blanks, my favourite two being the following. Starting to get excited now! ?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

bottom one! less grain in the grip area which will be knurled. Lots of detail in the bulk of the stock.

Both beaut bits of lumber though!

Have you seen the guns on Mr Lyons? He could bolt an entire redwood and swing it like toothpick.

I'm no expert but I'm guessing the point of impact would be slightly different on the bottom stock compared to the top one?

Nope, they don't do a thing for me, 

Knotty pine springs to mind,  ;)

I don't get the wood  / grain thing at all

:santa:   :)  

Nope, they don't do a thing for me, 

Knotty pine springs to mind,  ;)

I don't get the wood  / grain thing at all

:santa:   :)  
I guess a good bit of pine wood shedding needles all ovet the floor is more for you. ;)

Second one down looks good to me. 

Ed, in all seriousness you need a blank were the grain is running parallel, I've straight lines from grip to heel, while the wavey grain looks great it is not ideal (tin hat going on). If you want a stock that is absorbing recoil you need a tight grain running parallel

Don't listen to him Ed. Wavy grain looks cool. Who cares about recoil anyway when you are holding a work of natures art :)

Nice parallel grain through the grip is a bonus though as its stronger so the first one for me.

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
It really is dependant on the cost of the wood?

Good wood can be bought in Birmingham Ed!

But I have to say that the work that I have seen Manuel do, and the cost have been very good.

Get out there and have a look through his wood inventory ( I avoided using the words 'wood stock' :lol: ). 

Latest posts

Back