Got it!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gothicsera

After a bit of a debacle of my licence going missing in the post and another having to be sent out, it finally arrived on the 1st... (having been issued on the 15th Aug). Our wonderful postal service...

So I collected my shotgun yesterday and have been practicing on the skeet layout. I've hit a few of every target but no consistency yet. Totally expect that ?

Going to spend some time practicing my gun mount at home so I can get that consistent while I wait for Wednesday and my next outing.

I had the gun fitted, needed an extension to the stock, other than that, fits nice and it's comfortable.

I went with a late Lanber Sporting Deluxe that's had little use. Spent a happy hour cleaning it when I got home yesterday. ?

IMAG4130.jpg

I remember sitting watching TV, with my first gun on the table in front of me. Just wanted to see it. ?

ha I remember same thing will. Twas 1986 proud owner of brand new parker hale £450 sat in lounge with my dad in front of tv just taking it apart cleaning and as you say just looking at it. Then it went in it high secure storage....under my bed. It was a year or so before the cabinet law came in ?

nothing beats the feeling of your first "propper" gun, although the GAT bought for £3 in 1975 was memorable ?

I remember sitting watching TV, with my first gun on the table in front of me. Just wanted to see it. ?
We only had a radio - well to be precise, a crystal set  :D

Last edited by a moderator:
?

my first gun I ever shot with was a lanber. Nice gun and not a bad price 

Thanks all - looking forward to getting out again on Wednesday... I need all the practice I can get!  :lol:

Had about 80 carts through the gun this morning on the skeet layout. Hit a few, missed a lot. Need to work on everything. One issue for me is relaxing and not over thinking things. I find I often hit the first clay out of the trap then miss the others. Instinctual shooting.

Probably going out again tomorrow morning. Although, like an idiot, I managed to bruise my cheek a little today.

Either way, now I have it at home I can work on my mounting and get more comfortable.

IMAG4182.jpg

Break.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
While I might suck at shooting (at the moment), at least my hair matches my skeet vest....

And yes I did get on that clay and break it  :lol:

High.jpg

If ones going to miss, its best to do it in style.  :D

When you get used to the basics of shooting skeet, it should/will all fall into place. Don't rush it, there is plenty of time on all the shots. 

Foot position, kill zone, hold point and pick-up point, job done  :)

Something clicked today, not sure what. (I put it down to the extra cup of coffee compared to yesterday).

Hit a lot more than I missed on all of the stands. Next time out will be Saturday, so will see if it's started to sink in!

I put it down to my wonderful teacher :)

Was using the Eley Amber in 21g today, quite like those, if only because they are pink  :lol:

I watched the video ! Comment :- Calm down, slow down , you are out of the gun far ,far too quickly , you have had no time to reflect what the correct sight, lead, and importantly what a miss looked like. Slowly , slowly catchee monkey .

I watched the video ! Comment :- Calm down, slow down , you are out of the gun far ,far too quickly , you have had no time to reflect what the correct sight, lead, and importantly what a miss looked like. Slowly , slowly catchee monkey .
You and a few others have mentioned this. Duly noted ;)

Bendersheetpg1_zps4ddb5643.jpg

Bendersheetpg2_zpsa3b1e3c4.jpg

Your Camaro sounds Awsome. Good luck with the shooting, the most important rule you must never forget about shooting is to have fun and not let performance get in the way of a good time. The consistent breaks will come with time and practice. :)  My wife shoots Hull Comp X which are about the softest recoiling cart I have ever found, they aren't pink though.

Your Camaro sounds Awsome. Good luck with the shooting, the most important rule you must never forget about shooting is to have fun and not let performance get in the way of a good time. The consistent breaks will come with time and practice. :)  My wife shoots Hull Comp X which are about the softest recoiling cart I have ever found, they aren't pink though.
Thanks. Poor old car gets completely thrashed everywhere... It's a race car that happens to also be a road car, so it gets driven hard. Procharger going on next year...

Latest posts

Back