Good Reasonable Corporate Ground South Wales

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay

I'm thinking of arranging an afternoon of shooting for a small company I do some business with (there's about 15 of them), and i'm looking for a decent ground in south wales that offers a good variety of stands at reasonable rates.

To the floor, any ideas / recommendations?

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends where your client is based as to the best location. Treetops has some nice targets and a reasonable clubhouse for after shoot activities. It's also close to the M4. SW2000 has good facilities but is trap orientated and not that easy to find and get to. Woodlands Park is a lovely little ground but has very restricted opening hours due to noise issues. It's a lovely little ground though in a picturesque, remote location and the owner is a fantastic host. After-shooting facilities somewhat basic but very homely.

MM

Nigel and Stuart at Hart events Monmouth should be able to meet your requirements, both Welsh international shots. Julie makes lovely cake too.

Treetops can be good when they get it right but in my experience that's not very often.

South Wales 2000 though mostly trap orientated do put on a good sporting and compak layout also the owner is a shooter so has some enthusiasm towards the sport not just making money, the welcome is friendly too. Also a proper on site cafe.

Not been there myself but as others have suggested Woodland park is said to be a nice ground though you can only shoot their sub sonic cartridges there.

There is also Crynant shooting ground. Based on experience I strongly suggest you don't bother.

As Will suggests Mid Wales shooting centre is a good set up. Like South Wales 2000 mostly trap orientated though they do offer good sporting layouts set in some beautiful countryside. As the name suggests though it's not in South Wales ., approx 2hrs of twisty country roads away from Cardiff but If your prepared to travel that far then Griffin Lloyd is also a good ground set in truly stunning scenery.

Treetops used to be brilliant the current management are somewhat lacking in my opinion, last time I shot at st dials (hart events) it was lacking in facilities but they may have other venues with better facilities. Where is the company based? If Newport way then brook bank is a serious option

hi jay

if it were me i try  keeperlodge, family run shoot,   good welcome and they set up targets that you want .not much of a club house tea coffee beacon roll.

pub down the road.most of stands under cover if its raining. sunday shoot £14 for 50 birds.

hope that helps

john

Back