Gloves - yes/no? and, if YES what make?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beretta Gortex gloves. Dry + warm hand's. Tried Sealskinz, wore them once, one glove was wet through so took em back for a refund. Sealskinz socks are great though.

Mac wet for me 2 pairs and also a pair of mountain bike gloves! Use gloves all year round !

It's got to be uber froid for me to wear them. Only between stands or drives. Not when shooting.

Woollies

Macwets various others but still can't get the "feel" I need hence the above.

Last edited by a moderator:
A pair of soft leather shooting gloves, have had them a few years can't even remember where I got them from. Also own a pair of Macwets but don't really get on with them and if they get wet your hands freeze..............

When it's really cold I grab any old glove that keeps my hands warm in between stands but never actually liked shooting with gloves on, even a pair of skin tight golf gloves that I own seem to hinder more than help.

Would never shoot with anything on my trigger finger, and am not really a glove guy anyway.

When it's cold I do use the fleece lined mittens that cover the back of your hands so the palm and fingers are in direct contact with the gun.

I've only had to use gloves once this year so far, and that was on Saturday, 03rd Nov at Yorkgate - if was 'kin taters. I wore mittens with the fingers cut off (I didn't have to cut them off, they came that way). Wearing these, your hands and fingers do warm up after the first 20 mins or so, but we were "on the Tops" and the wind was not charitable.

As we gambol into Winter proper, I shall be investing in a pair of MacWets. There is no fun to be had with cold hands during a shoot - and anyone who tries to tell you different is either an idiot or a macho masochist.

Just been looking around after my hands were getting a tad cold today and thinking of the chilly weather ahead.......

I tried on some Mac Wet gloves and they did feel tactile and well fitting - any others i should consider ?

ATVB

Gary
...and the jury says, 'MacWets!!!' They are definitely on the shopping list for Christmas

Would never shoot with anything on my trigger finger, and am not really a glove guy anyway.

When it's cold I do use the fleece lined mittens that cover the back of your hands so the palm and fingers are in direct contact with the gun.
Uncle warm fingers.......L. O. L.

Go on.......put the picture up..... :) :)

...and the jury says, 'MacWets!!!' They are definitely on the shopping list for Christmas
They have to be fitted properly though. You measure exactly across the palm of your hand and whatever it says is what you buy. The info is on the back of the glove packet. They have to fit like a second skin.

Don't encourage him Nicola!

I am already having graphic visions of Ed Saville ! !

They have to be fitted properly though. You measure exactly across the palm of your hand and whatever it says is what you buy. The info is on the back of the glove packet. They have to fit like a second skin.
Thanks for the tip Nicola. I tried several pairs on at NWSS and i know exactly what you mean. There a huge difference between 1/2 sizes :( . I intend to go back there this week to buy them :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back