Glove grip for Sporting?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simbo

Last week I was lucky enough to be given a tour of his factory by Mauro Perazzi. JJ had arranged the visit for myself, Dave and Becky as a thank you for our continued support at HPX HQ. I'll speak more about our trip another day.........

We spent around an hour in the "blanks" room as JJ chose 15 new pieces of walnut for orders back in Sussex.

In a corner rack sat several bespoke glove grip stocks waiting to be oiled or lacquered. I picked up 4 or 5 and tried them, one my thumb wouldn't fit in (so probably made for a lady shooter).

The others felt great.........that's when the penny dropped! 30 years of shooting I have never been able to bend my thumb over my grip. (I thought that having small hands was the reason.) I called Dave and Becky over and said "look, I can't bend my thumb over and straighten my trigger finger out and when I pull the trigger finger my thumb bends at the same time". They both laughed, proved it can be done and Becky even suggested that I tape my thumb down.......ha ha......Worcestershire humour I guess!

Anyone else suffer with the thumb 'n' finger thingy, or is it just me? So, do you think that a glove grip stock could benefit me shooting sporting targets?

Cheers......Andy

(PS Hope to see a few faces on the HPX stand at Northall this coming Saturday. The new Compac/Skeet/Trap layout is looking great albeit a mini landslide on the back bank this week. Checkout the poster in Upcoming Events)

Andy, do you know if John will have a gun with a try stock available tomorrow?  We've got quite a lot on tomorrow, but might try to fit a trip to Northall in if we can.

He sure will Jenny..........come and "have a go" :)

I've got a spare genuine Perazzi glove grip stock for an MX2000S if anyone is looking for one. Just PM me to discuss.

MM?

Can anyone give me an idea of what I should expect to pay for a bespoke glove grip stock.........medium grade wood?

Mutley or IPS............any chance of sharing a pic or two please?

I have sourced a blank for my MX8 and £400 sounds very reasonable indeed :)

Will try, ips has the finished item pics (and the stock),   havent had much success trying to upload pics in the past.

If you pm me an email can fire across what I have..

Latest posts

Back