Giving back?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aspire

So,I spent a very enjoyable day out at Wylye Valley today. Had a conversation with Ian (Wylye) that got me thinking. How many other ground owners actually give something back to the sport? How many just pocket everything? I always see gunshops advertised on top shooters backs,or cartridges,or guns etc,but very rarely actual shooting grounds. I know of half a dozen sponsored by Wylye,all at various levels of ability. From up and coming shooters showing promise and dedication,to AAA. On comp days Under 16's shoot for free(with a paying adult) and Ladies for £15! Do many other grounds offer these incentives or support to shooters?

Last edited by a moderator:
Aye, well done him for supporting the shooters. He's a Yorkshire man and we are very generous.

Phil*

Why should a woman get to shoot for less ?

Not having a go at this particular ground owner you understand just a general comment that i don't see the reason to encourage women and therefore discriminating against men. Can you imagine if it was the other way around, women would go mad.

Where have you been shooting? Mike Faux has put a great deal back into the sport. He sponsors several trap shooters and also offered to subsidise the costs of those travelling overseas for international events. That's not to mention the young shot days held at the ground.

A genuine example of a shooter giving back to his fellow shooters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where have you been shooting? Mike Faux has put a great deal back into the sport. He sponsors several trap shooters and also offered to subsidise the costs of those travelling overseas for international events. That's not to mention the young shot days held at the ground.

A genuine example of a shooter giving back to his fellow shooters.
That's awesome! Never been to Faux. Shot at a fair few grounds. Only been shooting 2 years....reg's for 18months or so.

Wylye,Southdown,Urchfont,Upavon,Weston Wood,Westfield,Orston,Kegworth,Longridge...probably a couple more but can't think of them right now.

Not having a go at this particular ground owner you understand just a general comment that i don't see the reason to encourage women and therefore discriminating against men. Can you imagine if it was the other way around, women would go mad.
That seems a disingenuous comment coming from you, Ian. To be negative discrimination you would have to claim that everything was equal for men and women to start with. Unless you are claiming the distress of the privileged of course. I don't object to any positive action to encourage equality, whether that is getting more women shooting or more men training as primary school teachers.

That seems a disingenuous comment coming from you, Ian. To be negative discrimination you would have to claim that everything was equal for men and women to start with. Unless you are claiming the distress of the privileged of course. I don't object to any positive action to encourage equality, whether that is getting more women shooting or more men training as primary school teachers.
i don't mean it to be. As a father of a daughter i am genuinely interested in equality and i consider that as long as women accept offers and subsidies etc that imply they need extra assistance or financial support then it is my opinion that it is these women that are disingenuous.

No offence intended of course as this is just a mere mans perspective.

i don't mean it to be. As a father of a daughter i am genuinely interested in equality and i consider that as long as women accept offers and subsidies etc that imply they need extra assistance or financial support then it is my opinion that it is these women that are disingenuous.

Looks like you did it AGAIN!!!!

It's so illogical that my head is hurting. I have swallowed flamebait haven't I?

equality-vs-justice.jpg

Source: http://ctworkingmoms.com/2013/02/06/teaching-fairness/

Latest posts

Back