getting out and about

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northampton.SG

Hello everyone,

Its our hundred sporting this Sunday

But then I (Roy course setter/manager) have a week off it's been awhile so where should I go shooting? Bus mans holiday and all that I like to try different ground see what other people are doing target ideas to borrow :p

I think it's important for coarse setters to get about, tho nature of the job I dont get many weekends off a year.

Was thinking grange on the Sunday but open to ideas and maybe somewhere on the Thursday was thinking Cambridge.

May do two shoots Sunday if someone lets me know the best two to link.

Roy

You can do owls lodge on Thursday.

Sunday - two of garlands, grange or Orston could be a good double.

Thanks Sara last time I got out was with you and Mick! That was grange and Orston I think.

Ps great shooting last week I see!

Hello everyone,

But then I (Roy course setter/manager) have a week off it's been awhile so where should I go shooting? Bus mans holiday and all that I like to try different ground see what other people are doing target ideas to borrow :p

I think it's important for coarse setters to get about, tho nature of the job I dont get many weekends off a year.

Was thinking grange on the Sunday but open to ideas and maybe somewhere on the Thursday was thinking Cambridge.

Roy
Cambridge hasn't got a huge amount on at the moment as they are doing so much ground work and lots of stands are closed or moved to temporary locations. They've done some nice things with the stands they have got, but they aren't particularly challenging*, or at least they weren't at the weekend. ABT, DTL, Skeet, Compak and the flush are all still there of course. AGL would be more worth your travel time IMHO especially as they're gearing up for their first registered shoot.

*And if I'm saying that it really isn't hard

How about AGL down at Markyate -  I really enjoyed a recent visit.

Pretty easy from Northampton too - just off J10 of the M1

Pete

Hello everyone,

Roy
Westfield...just over an hour from N'pton.

We'll be there early doors if you fancy shooting the round with us mate...?

Don't forget Kibworth . Friendly ground providing good range of targets that can all be hit most of the time by most people!

I like kibworth but iv been there this is about New places to me and reg sporting aswell

What and where is AGL?

Cambridge having Work done doesn't worry me to much I just hear good things and want to have a look.

Roy....again I say Garlands Wednesday for the fitasc...(close enough to sporting ;) ) Have a look how its done there, then get it sorted at Northampton for practice on Thursday evenings - being the only ground in Northamptonshire (? I await to be corrected) to offer it and then we can get a county team together?!

Agree with Emma on this one - be good to have some practice on a Thursday. We have to go to Kibworth when we get chance for it (and still will do) but would love to have this at our home ground. And the team idea - bring it on!!!

But as for next week - Owls Lodge is on Thursday, but I believe that was getting booked up fairly quickly so don't delay if you are considering it.

See you Sunday no doubt! And if not maybe Garlands Wednesday??!!

Nottingham!!!

100 Skeet on both sides on Sat.

100 Skeet (Help for Heroes Charity Shoot), 100 DTL and 50 ESP Re-entry on Sunday :)

Julesy Nottingham is pretty much the only ground I do get to nut if you had a reg sporting I would be tempted.

I Wednesday I'm snowboarding so can't do garlands tho fitasc would be good. :(

I'm not the one you need to talk to about us doing it tho. But I'm working on getting a more regular sportrap if I can. So that might be good.

Latest posts

Back