fsp four counties

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sue, I do understand the time and financial restraints some shooters may have, but I have heard so many times from comp shooters "yeah, good shoot at 4C's but its a long drive for only 70" How many actually go round again rather than nipping off to another reg shoot or call in on the way back?

Not really a prob for me as its just down the road and I could do it on the way home from elsewhere as an extra if I felt like it, but unfortunately a lot wont make the trip to a great shoot just because it is only 70.

Just my thoughts and as you know I always enjoy your shoots but I want to get as many targets in for my average as I can at the moment

Must confess that I agree with Fuz, I've not shot any of your 70 birders preferring to look around for a 100 bird shoot. Also agree that you have a great set up there, and look forward to the FITASC at the end of the month.

Will email Sue, but an element of nervousness for me as I maybe without shooter if I cannot confirm my gun is working before Sunday.

Sue didnt give a time, but said she would confirm at a later date

just hope the weather is good

you could borrow mine as its the same model, if yours buggers up on the day

or you could borrow either my 26" Rizzini, or my SXS or an old Hammer SxS that hasnt been fired in about 20 years ;)

I've greedily taken on some work on the Sunday so it helps me plan if I know what time we start. Pretty sure I'll need to up early and a late finish in any case.

Must confess that I agree with Fuz, I've not shot any of your 70 birders preferring to look around for a 100 bird shoot. Also agree that you have a great set up there, and look forward to the FITASC at the end of the month.
I avoid restaurants that serve 30% reduction on portion sizes too.. :D

Cheers Sue. That works out quite well, I can start early Sun morning and let it run during the competition.

I shoot Four Counties as often as I can, I think the 70 birder is great value for money, I can think of plenty of other 100 bird registereds that put on at least 20 poor quality birds (in my humble opinion) you very rarely get a bad target at Four Counties, so you need to be on your mettle when you shoot there. I make up the odd 30 with futile attempts to straight the bloody pool shoot which again is an exercise in itself and good practice. Overall the welcome and the layout put on by Brian and Sue is on a par (albeit somewhat different offering) with my other favourite providers of registered shoots Steve and Allison

Hi Martin

Nearest postcode is RG20 8RE but look out for our green and white signs as you get closer.

See you Sunday....forecast looks great! (not!)

Sue

Big coat and hood for me... might have a look in Sports Direct for some golf waterproofs if I have time tonight... going to move to a bigger cartridge bag with room for a towel, drinks etc... could be a long day in that weather, but still looking forward to it!

A small towel is a good idea, I use it over the top of my hand and the open action while waiting to shoot, keeps the grip a bit drier. And be careful of putting a wet gun into a slip, especially if it's lined with sheepskin.

Back