fixed choke

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A used Miroku MK38 trap gun  . Not a thing on it is adjustable ( some do have an adjustable comb ) . Take it to Teague Precision for thin wall chokes or have both barrels opened up to 015. “ choke .  Personally I find the stock drop is better for me straight out of the box than the MK60 but that is personal , and I shoot a 20g MK60 for game , but have had the stock bent up . 

I think with steel shot looking like it’s unavoidable that all  Mirokus are now made  new with  multichokes .

Last edited by a moderator:
Another one for Miroku being best value. I heard years ago that every fixed choke gun is regulated before it leaves the factory. Whether that’s true or not or even if they still do it I don’t know. What I do know is that I’ve had 5 fixed choke Mirokus over the years and they all have thrown excellent patterns. Another one for Perazzi if you want to pay a lot more money.

I'm sure this is not the right thing to say - but maybe it's the best multi-choke gun where you don't change the chokes !!

On a serious point - I think manufacturers spec multi chokes because they are more cost effective to produce with cheap & good CNC etc ??.

A used Miroku MK38 trap gun  . Not a thing on it is adjustable ( some do have an adjustable comb ) . Take it to Teague Precision for thin wall chokes or have both barrels opened up to 015. “ choke .  Personally I find the stock drop is better for me straight out of the box than the MK60 but that is personal , and I shoot a 20g MK60 for game , but have had the stock bent up . 

I think with steel shot looking like it’s unavoidable that all  Mirokus are now made  new with  multichokes .
I was recently quoted almost £1000 for Teague choking a Miroku MK38 with 5 chokes. That included shipping costs too. Something about MK 38 being one of the most difficult to do for some reason. 

I have an MK 38 Sporter that is fixed choke 3/8 and 3/8.  It is a multi choke, I just don't change them  !

Last edited by a moderator:
I was recently quoted almost £1000 for Teague choking a Miroku MK38 with 5 chokes. That included shipping costs too. Something about MK 38 being one of the most difficult to do for some reason. 
Didn't a member on have trouble with his Teague choked Miroku that was fixed then Multi choked by them.

Yes , Ant did , but There have probably been more Miroku conversions than any other make .I’ve probably put  a minimum 20,000 rounds through my current 38,  and 5000 through the 20g conversion .  I had another 38 converted 25 years ago and probably put 50,000 rounds through it before I got it in my head I wanted to sell it to fund something else . 

When I took the  current guns down to  Teague Precision  to be converted , quite rightly they measured the muzzle walls to ensure that there was sufficient material to meet their machining parameters . There is significantly less metal in the  fixed choke muzzles than there is in the factory multi-choke

The  trap started at a nominal 3/4 and Full , the 60  20g at a nominal 1/4 and 3/4 . 

Yep mine too obviously can’t have extended as not enough room for the knerled collars

Back