Fiocchi or Italian shot size

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh here we go........

I am off to bed.....

I can see how this is going..!!

Tally shot are a 1/2 size smaller than uk size just like American shoes are one size larger than UK size, as for pellet count it's the antimony, additives and cartridge weight (28 g) that determines the amount of pellets per count per shell.
What's antimoney?

Victory Compak 9's (Italian manufacturer) are marked 2.1mm. Here's a novel idea, lets just standardize to millimeters :)
Just to confirm.

Victory cartridges are manufactured in Cyprus.

Italian shot sizes are generally English size + 1/2.

ie , an English 7 = Italian 7.5.

From memory, I can't remember ever seeing a chart which gave dimensions for an English 7 1/2.  I've studied a number in the past.

I do encourage customers to compare the millimeter to avoid confusion with the various shot size systems which have been in use for centuries.

The millimeter sizes for all the cartridges that I sell are shown on my price list.

It should be remembered that be it a national gauge or an ISO system which is used to indicated the size of shot this is only part of the equation.

The mass of an individual pellet is derived by its size and the relative density of lead.  We all know that Antimony is often alloyed with the lead to improve its hardness.  A 5% Antimony pellet has less mass than a pellet made from a 3% Antimony alloy.  Therefore a harder yet slightly lighter pellet equates to a few extra pellets in a given load of say 28g.

So if you want to take shot size comparison to the nth. degree, you need to use a standardised system, and give that Britain went Metric in the 1970s its millimeters.

webber

Sorry my bad, just read the box closer with less port in me  :haha:   anyhoo, they are marked size 9, 2.1mm, they go bang and break skeet targets quite nicely :)

There used to be a cartridge company in Witton Birmingham  that made cartridges and did a thing called a Shooter's Diary.

Despite being bought out by the Spiks, they still keep printing their diary which contains useful data about cartridges including a shot size chart AND it lists  English 7.5's @ 2.3mm.

It's called the Eley Shooter's Diary  ( not available from Fiocchi ).

I certainly hope the level of diametrical quality control is up to the apparent demands of the end users.  Word on the street is that there can be some interesting variations.  

Probably not quite up to the measure every pellet, weigh every shot charge to the max tolerance weight, weigh every powder charge expectations of the pro custom ammo the flyer shooters use.

have a day

Charlie

I certainly hope the level of diametrical quality control is up to the apparent demands of the end users. Word on the street is that there can be some interesting variations.

Probably not quite up to the measure every pellet, weigh every shot charge to the max tolerance weight, weigh every powder charge expectations of the pro custom ammo the flyer shooters use.

have a day

Charlie
Charlie, some of their loads are pish!!! Their top end stuff is fine, but I will NEVER buy Fiocchi again after having my eyes opened by opening up a Fiocchi shell and seeing the sh*t soft, miss shaped shot and crap wad...unforgivable!!!

So bought 1000. F black and 250 f black sporting is the only difference the size of shot between the 2

Victory Compak 9's (Italian manufacturer) are marked 2.1mm. Here's a novel idea, lets just standardize to millimeters :)
Just measured an Eley first 9 shot, 2.20 mm. Eley first 8 shot , 2.23 mm  and an Eley subsonic 7 1/2 , 3 pellet's that were 2.11 mm , 2.33 mm and 2.38 mm

Nope sorry pal been a long hard day still no understand :)

Charlie, some of their loads are pish!!! Their top end stuff is fine, but I will NEVER buy Fiocchi again after having my eyes opened by opening up a Fiocchi shell and seeing the sh*t soft, miss shaped shot and crap wad...unforgivable!!!
I open one per slab and have NEVER seen what you have described..... Just saying.

Latest posts

Back