fieldsports britain

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brilliant post john, very good and true observations.

I have never heard him interviewed in fact I have never seen him shoot even on vids.

I like him based on that interview alone. He is honest and also very very confident, I like personalities' that are confident verging on arrogant . Nice bloke ?
Ian he seems the sort of person that calls a spade a shovel down to earth with as positive talent and a certain arrogance about his abilities ... nowt wrong with that... I wish I could be more confident about my own meagre abilities for it seems, to me at least , those with confidence in themselves do better.

he can back his confidence up  with solid shooting  as he said rugby first  shooting second !    
rugby first, shooting second?..... how does he make a living? It sure as hell ain't from playing tier 6 rugby! 

He might prefer rugby but he is a shooter\shooting coach first and foremost. 

I've had a few lessons with him. 

I like the fact that he tells you how it is, no holds barred!

Ive heard some people say they think he's arrogant and they don't like him, well so what?! At the end of the day, I'm paying him to teach me how to shoot better, not to have a heart to heart. 

Fair play to him at the end of the day, it's all a game in one way or another, and he's playing it well! 

rugby first, shooting second?..... how does he make a living? It sure as hell ain't from playing tier 6 rugby! 

He might prefer rugby but he is a shooter\shooting coach first and foremost. 
bet he makes a few bob from coaching   I'm a m c f c fan so don't know if he's paid for rugby ?    his family business is security doors I'm told ?   don't forget the sponsorship  .  

Bingle Ben and rugby..... you may well be surprised, I wasn't.

Bingle Ben and rugby..... you may well be surprised, I wasn't.
I did and the first item is https://rugbyobserver.co.uk/news/rugby-lions-player-accused-of-breaking-opponents-jaw-during-match/  

Met Ben at a shoot,having spoken to him he seemed a reasonable bloke happy to chat and so forth.

It would seem he suffers from problems with sore losers in both Rugby and Shooting but people see things differently.

Don't think it is reasonable to say he cheated his way to being a top ranked shooter,he may have used the rules to his advantage at times but opinions are like assholes....

All sorts of stuff goes down on a rugby field... take the sporting paragon Wade Dooley who in a five nation international swung a  cowardly punch at Doddie Weir at a line out and perforated his eardrum... a F'n member of the plod to boot ! I dare say Ben was wound up and fell for the jibe not saying I condone what happened but we don't know the circumstances . As to cheating if a target breaks it is reshot? How can you construe a target breaking with cheating if the target was in within the shooting boundary ???

I like Ben he's a straight talker and a great coach. As for the Rugby incident anyone can lose it on a rugby pitch unfortunately this time ended up badly. 

I don't think we should comment about the Rugby incident , the CPS thought it serious enough to go to Court . Then it all goes quiet and fades away .

Lots of accusations about cheating , but then it all goes quiet and fades away .

End of .

Ben is not a good advert for Clayshooting , but he attracts attention which sadly our Sport doesn't seem to be able to do through the correct channels .

Ben promotes Ben , Bidwell promotes Bidwell , George promotes George .

Sadly we don't hear much from role models Cheryl Hall and Richard Faulds , but that is probably because they are both loved up , but not with themselves. :D :D

I don't think we should comment about the Rugby incident , the CPS thought it serious enough to go to Court . Then it all goes quiet and fades away .

Lots of accusations about cheating , but then it all goes quiet and fades away .

End of .

Ben is not a good advert for Clayshooting , but he attracts attention which sadly our Sport doesn't seem to be able to do through the correct channels .

Ben promotes Ben , Bidwell promotes Bidwell , George promotes George .

Sadly we don't hear much from role models Cheryl Hall and Richard Faulds , but that is probably because they are both loved up , but not with themselves. :D :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Quite right. It takes more than being good at something to be a role model. 

Thanks guys for the support glad the majority enjoyed some of the fluffy rabbits ... as for the incident ON the rugby pitch not off as it has been mis worded it wasn't me, you can't please everyone and I won't try but anyone would like to chat to me about any incident happy to sit and talk, probably not on here with people hiding behind fake names and growing balls they don't have in real life but haters are chasers more interviews to come 

ben 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back